From: Ed W.
Sent on: Monday, September 21, 2009 9:52 AM
Due to the rain and likely trail closure, I'm cancelling the Mt. Falcon hike tonight (Sept 21), but we'll go ahead with the dinner at the Morrison Inn--NEW TIME for dinner: 6:30pm, and we will meet at the Morrison Inn restaurant.

If you RSVPed YES for the hike but do not wish to come to just the dinner tonight, please change your RSVP to NO. If you haven't RSVPed Yes for tonight, but would like to join us for dinner (note the later start time, 6:30pm), then you're welcome to RSVP Yes through this afternoon. If you need to reach me, my cell # is[masked]-1656.

It is raining right now (the day of the hike) and is likely to rain through at least this afternoon, so even if by chance it clears up tonight, the trails will be muddy. Often, Jeffco Open Space closes Mt. Falcon when the trails are muddy, so we probably wouldn't be able to hike there tonight anyway. I'm really bummed out because I was looking forward to seeing all of you tonight, so I'm cancelling the hike but going ahead with just the dinner at the popular Morrison Inn (Mexican).

Please note I have three more hikes scheduled, including another Mt. Falcon hike on Thursday Oct. 1. While it looks like we'll have rain through Wed. this week, the forecast currently looks promising for the Deer Creek Canyon hike this Thurs. (Sept. 24.).

Directions to Morrison Inn: From C470 on the west side, exit Morrison Road west. The road curves north, and you'll be in downtown Morrison. A couple blocks down on the right is the Morrison Inn. Given that it is a rainy Monday, I suspect you'll find plenty of parking on the street.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy