addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

All about Food in Tallahassee Message Board › 3 months, a few points and a little business

3 months, a few points and a little business

Nefertiti
Nefertiti_P
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 15
Today is the three Month Anniversary of the creation of All about Food in Tallahassee.
The group was conceptualized by Jason and me in a loud bar at a Lovin' Life first Friday event, and created that very night when I got home!
3 months and 102 members later, you all have made some great eating experiences, rivaled only by the quality and diversity of the company. I wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you.

I also wanted to mention how awesome our co-organizers have been and that I do not at all take for granted how much of a blessing it is to work with people of such high character and integrity You girls are the best!

Important notes for the meetup (have to dispel some myths):
- You don't 'have' to contribute food to every single potluck style event you attend (ice, plates, napkins, water, or just your appetite and company are all fully acceptable contributions).
- You don't 'have' to cook the food you do contribute yourself or from scratch (kfc or publix is as good a kitchen as any)
- Anyone can suggest an event/restaurant by clicking the "suggest an event" link on the homepage. We are pretty good about posting/announcing them once we see them.
- There are no dues for this meetup group. Donations/contributions are suggested and only if you are able and willing :)

A little meetup business
Because some of you have given donations/contributions to the group, I am posting the group's brief financial snapshot below to maintain transparency and make clear where your funds will be going :)

The dues we will owe Meetup.com (for six months) are $72.
Due by July 6th - This will cover us until Jan 2013 :)

Amount collected in contributions so far $17.20 from 6 members Thank you. [paypal apparently takes 40c from each $3 contribution?! :( ]

My ideal is to collect half from the group ($36) and cover the other half so we are almost there and we have time. You guys have been awesome contributing when we think of it (I know, not often!).

If there is any overflow in 2012 contributions I will put it towards the potluck supplies bag (disposable plates, cups flatware etc) that I take to each potluck style meetup, or potentially buy these in bulk.

That's it for my 3 month email, suggestions/responses are welcome on the discussion board 3 month message thread (here) or in private in response to my email.

See y'all around some food! :D
-Nefertiti