align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Americans in Amsterdam Message Board › Americans: It's PAY BACK Time :) - Support Greg Shapiro and more!

Americans: It's PAY BACK Time :) - Support Greg Shapiro and more!

A former member
Hi Americans,
This is just a note from your not very American Group Organizer... I love The Jazz, The Blues, House Music and sometimes I even watch Baseball for more than 5 seconds.... I have respect for people that can act normal most of the time and I LOVE being LOUD..... I tend to prefer hearing the sad truth over polite lies.....  But neh...  I will never be American :) ....  Having that said.... For understanding what Yanks in Amsterdam want, there are Very American Advisors to talk to ones in a while :)
I'm hosting two Meetup Groups in Amsterdam, for the other one than this one I am kind of look for direction.... But for this one... Not :). I already found it..... The Cultural point of reference for this group simply is: Main Stream American Culture. This Group is for Yankees in specific, but for ALL Americans from Canada to Argentina in general, and for all people from other continents that seem to like being around the Yankees :)
Speaking about such a thing: International Comedians  has been so kind to bring not 1, not 2, but even 3 American comedians to Amsterdam! US Americans, that is! So do bring your ear plugs! :)
These guys are LOUD :) And the laughs in the audience sometimes are even LOUDER :)
Most of all Greg Shapiro deserves some support! In a country where people might be considering to even reintroduce the death penalty for people who don't like the Dutch Cultural Heritage ( Zwarte Piet ) he NEVER stops sharing his opinion about this not very well understood figure with ALL of us.... And he even does so in a funny way! Which is the main thing on a Comedy Night Out I'd say...
BTW, Telling Dutchies to stop doing Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet is like the King of England plus the Pope telling the Yanks to not do Halloween anymore...  But since I am not playing an at home game in this issue in this group ( and since there indeed are some controversial dimensions to think about in this this issue ) I will rest my case in this issue... I kind of had it with this by the extreme left and extreme right winged forces in NL highjacked topic anyway.... So I will bring the best earplugs possible this Friday :)
CU on Friday and please dont forget to spend some money on the bar to :)
=> http://www.meetup.com/Americans-in-Amsterdam/events/148578342/­
Best regards,
Arjan
Organizer Americans in Amsterdam