Oosterdokskade 143, 1011 AD Amsterdam, Amsterdam
Who cares about summer? We'll just continue our MeetUps! Last time, we had many newcomers again, so let's keep up the good work.
(by the way, we're going to have a summer celebration party, on July 20th. Check it out here: http://tiny.cc/ulzbhx )
We'll meet in the ObA and there's opportunity for drinks in Vappiano OR in Hanneke's Boom, afterwards (hey, and you can drink your beer even during the talk, by buying it in LaPlace)
This is how we did the Socratic Method last time, I think it’s good to continue with that:
* Read the text + one round of first impressions
* Search and pick one life question that’s dealt with in the text
* Write down your experience with this question - how have you dealt with it?
* Choose one experience to investigate closely and try to understand the situation well
* Get to the core: each of us writes down
-----> when ....... (would) happen to me
-----> I (would) did/ felt/ thought/ wanted .............
-----> because ..............
* Discuss the differences and try to find something to learn
At the 'Church for Atheists (and agnostics and the rest)', we meet to 'share life, discuss its questions and become the people we want to be'. Join up with us!
Remember: NO evangelism, doctrines or final answers, NO rituals, devotion or spiritual commitments, NO endless theoretical philosophical conversations BUT open group discussion, inspiration and shared effort in becoming the people we want to be.