**Please note, a new guest badging system was put in place last Nov, if you are not aware of that, please be sure to read the bottom for how this may affect you**
We have an exciting talk coming on 5/6!
Introducing Synth - A new Node.js web framework designed just for AngularJS
Speaker: Jon Abrams (bio below)
This will be the first public demonstration of the new back-end web framework called Synth  created by Jon Abrams. It's a different take on traditional Node.js web frameworks It's designed to make it easier to create back-end resources that can then be automatically preloaded when loading Angular.js views.
Jon will present the following:
- Why Synth was created.- A quick overview of the major features and how to use them.- The creation of a sample app live.
A quick look at the major features:
- Easily create new RESTful API resources by just creating folders and naming request handling functions a certain way..
- Preloading AngularJS model data on page load (saving an extra roundtrip).
- Preloading html view on page load (saving another extra roundtrip!)
- A simplified project structure where front-end code (AngularJS code, html, css, bower packages, etc) is in the 'front' folder and back-end code (node code and node packages) are in the 'back' folder.
- A command-line tool for installing third party packages, using npm + bower, that auto-updates manifest files.- Built to take advantage of promises.
Jon is a full-stack software engineer at OUYA. He previously worked at Netflix, where he discovered AngularJS and began evangelizing it in the summer of 2012.
In his spare time, Jon is developing Node.js framework designed from the ground up to make it as easy as possible to make an API-first back-end for AngularJS projects.
Can't attend in person? Couple alternatives below:
• Attend the SF session (info coming soon to http://www.meetup.com/AngularJS-SF)
• Watch the livestream (Tue 5/6, starting 6:30p PT) at http://youtube.com/user/angularjs/live. The video will also be available within a week afterward.
6pm - Door opens, Food, Drinks and Socializing
6:30 - Angular team announcements
6:35 - Introducing Synth - A new Node.js web framework designed just for AngularJS (Jon Abrams)
7:15/7:30 - Q&A, office hours and socializing (Jon and the AngularJS team)
8:15pm - The End & Bus to Mountain View Caltrain leaves
***New Guest Badging System***
The Google Guest badging system has changed.
We recommended pre-printed badges. To get a pre-printed badge, please complete the following steps by 12p on Friday 5/2 to ensure one gets created for you:
2)Please provide a full first name and last name (if your meetup.com profile doesn't publicly show that, you can send us a message with that information)
If a pre-printed badge is not available for you when you arrive, you may create one on-demand, but due to the logistics of this process, please note there may be a long wait and this option will only be available until 6:15pm.
Getting to the meetup by public transit (from Caltrain)
FROM THE MOUNTAIN VIEW CALTRAIN STATION
Look for the Shoreline Shuttle stop (2nd bus shelter in outer circle, near entrance <--use "Satellite" view to see best). You'll be riding in the reverse direction from most commuters, but the shuttle itself goes in a loop. Take the shuttle to stop #7 (Google) and get off at the corner of Charleston and Huff. You'll be a 2 minute walk from the meetup.
Please note, the Caltrain area can be confusing due to all the different shuttles doing dropoff/pickups. Couple tips:
• Please look for a white shuttle van that looks similar to the one pictured here.
• Shuttle will have a small sign that reads, "Shoreline Caltrain" or "MTV Caltrain"
The relevant stop times are below. Note that due to traffic, the buses do not always run according to this schedule. If a bus arrives early, it will wait until the shuttle time to depart, but if it is running late, it will only make a quick stop, so please keep an eye out.
Leaving MTV Caltrain (note, pickup times are approximate)
6:07pm <--note, this arrives to Bldg 46 at approx 6:37p (after the first talk starts - please only take this if you have completed the steps above to get a pre-printed badge, otherwise the on-demand badge service will unfortunately no longer be available)
GETTING BACK TO THE MOUNTAIN VIEW CALTRAIN STATION
We'll have a shiny Google bus do a single run (about 8:15pm) to get everyone back to Caltrain in time to catch the 8:49pm Northbound train. The bus will leave from B46, right outside where the meetup is held.