addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ann Arbor (Mostly) Acoustic Jam Message Board › Hoping to find help setting up new recording interface - STEINBERG UR22

Hoping to find help setting up new recording interface - STEINBERG UR22

John K.
user 13573872
Washington, MI
Post #: 1
Hi Y'all :)

This is a reach-out request for help in case any of you have experience using the STEINBERG UR22 Interface. I recently picked one up along with a couple of mics, so I could play around at home.

Problem I'm having is getting the vocal mic (using a separate mic for the guitar), to record a continuous vocal. When I sing a line, it often seems to "turn on" only after I've begun singing .... also, it seems to "turn off" as a vocal line drops off in volume. It also does the same sort of thing to the guitar if/when I reverse the port the mics are plugged into.

At first this suggests a problem/issue with the hardware...but I went to Guitar Center yesterday and they replaced the originally purchased one with a new one (no hassle whatsoever) .... but the same thing is happening with this unit.
I'm guessing it's got to do with how something is configured with the software (Cubase 7)...but can't seem to pin it down!

If there are any knowledgeable folks out there that might be able to guide me through this (annoying) little issue, I would be thrilled beyond words ....LOL !! ....in other words, relieved :)

Thanks in advance for any help and for all Good-Karmic energy sent out in reply to the plea for help!cool

John
Jan J.
user 70296532
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 12
John,

Will Guitar Center give you contact info to the manufacturer's rep who could perhaps guide you to some tech support?
Rod
rodii
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 10
John, what platform? (Mac/PC)