Arizona Agriscapers Pages
Agriscaping Time Bank (beta)
A Serve-To-Learn, Barter-Banking Approach to Sustainable Transformation
We are community of people who love to Improve Sustainability and Self-Reliance, Unlock Resource Potentials, and Strengthen Local Communities in Elegantly Edible and Productive Ways. The Agriscaping Time Bank (ATB) is just one, powerfully effective way we do what we do.
Through the Agriscaping Time Bank we are embarking on the next generation of co-creating a more sustainable world where high-level learning and creating happen at the same time.
If you are interested in a service-oriented, hands-on learning environment that returns the favor 100% of the time, these Agriscaping Time Bank Projects might be a perfect fit.
HOW IT WORKS
For each hour you serve in someone-else's yard, helping them get their Agriscape installed, you accumulate time in service to helping you with your projects.
1. FIRST STEP
Volunteer on a project!
As you get out and serve, you will gain valuable insights on what it takes to transform your own landscape into your very own Garden of Eden. You'll also begin to build time in Your favor for projects you would like to see completed in your own yard, or even your neighbors yard if you have that kind of giving heart (we find most of our members do :)
2. PROPOSE YOUR PROJECT
Once you have built up at least 30 hours in your ATB (Agriscaping Time Bank), you will have the opportunity to "propose a meetup". In other words, you will be able to submit your own project for completion that can then be offered to your local Agriscaping Family. You can submit a project proposal yourself or have it done for you as part of a consulting agreement.
Your project proposal needs to include:
3. HOW TO MULTIPLY YOUR AVAILABLE HOURS
- Date, Time, and Location of the Project
- A short description of the project (less than 120 characters please)
- A detailed description of the project including steps to completion
- Materials and quantities that will be on-hand for the project (including plants)
- Tools that will be available for use
- Number of Volunteers you are Requesting
- Estimated person-hours needed
- Name of "Expert on-Site" This could be you or someone you hire like a Certified Agriscaper
- Your Current ATB account balance (this, and the following line-items will not be shared with the group)
- Additional Multiplier credits you are seeking: Design Credit, Agriscaper Credit, Community Credit (see below)
- Describe your Ideal Scene of the project as if it were already fully complete. Include how you envision yourself experiencing your new landscape, how you are sharing it with others, and how you will feel once the project is completed.
- Please include any additional thoughts, concerns, or simple requests you would have for our consideration in sharing this great opportunity to serve you and those you care for.
There are a few ways you can radically increase the number of hours available to you in your ATB account.
- Get a Full Agriscaping Design. With a full design you will be better equipped to manage the time of your fellow Agriscapers and insure that your project is something we can all be proud of. (+20 hours credit)
- Hire a Certified Agriscaper to be on-hand for your project install (+10 hours)
- Pick a Project to Improve your Community (+25 hours) The heart of A true Agriscaper truly loves his/her community and wants to improve it's sustainability in Elegant Edible ways. If you've got the heart to arrange a project in your community we'd all love to join you!
- Be a good student! (+2 Hours per class attended) As you come to classes and study the Agriscaping Technologies, You become the expert that can direct your volunteers with wisdom and order, and, we'd like to acknowledge you for the time you have put in! :)
- EXTRA-MILE Bonus Hours (varies) On each project your serve, an allotment of bonus hours are awarded from the project recipient to those people who go above and beyond either in work-ethic, expert guidance, awesome attitude, actively find the FUN way to get the job done, or any other act that truly inspires others to do their best and "do their duty with a heart full of song!" ~We truly LOVE people like this and we LOVE to let them know how much we appreciate them!