align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › WordCamp Phoenix 2012 will depend on new organizers stepping up

WordCamp Phoenix 2012 will depend on new organizers stepping up

Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 61
UPDATE: http://phxwordcamp.co...­

I wanted everybody to be aware of this post.

http://wpcandy.com/reports/wordcamp-phoenix-2012-relies-on-new-organizers­

For a few reasons I can't go into the specifics of why yet, but after a two year run I will not be heading up WCPhx anymore and either will Amanda. Easiest way to explain it is there is no easy way to explain it. It's not because I don't want to anymore (well kind of lol - it's not easy) and I'm still in the area (not moving or anything); it's bigger than that. I'll leave it at that.

So read the post and get involved because if you want WordCamp in the valley again - it's up to you guys!

See you around.
Carol S.
CarolStambaugh
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 9
This is something we should discuss at our upcoming meetup. Our agenda has networking time from 6:30 to 6:45. Perhaps those who are interested can gather to briefly discuss at that time.

Thanks Chuck for your hard work last year. You and Amanda did an amazing job. I have been in charge of a number of conferences in the past at a former job and it is VERY HARD work. WordCamp Phx 2011 was incredibly well run so whoever steps up to take the ball will have a hard time matching that.

Chuck, what type of resources do you have saved from last year? (forms, sample call for proposals, etc). My guess is that it wouldn't be completely starting from scratch, would it?

Carol
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 62
Hey Carol
You'll need to talk to the WordCamp Foundation (which will be Jane Wells when you email through the site). All the rules have changed since I started it all and what can be done with sponsorships and speakers and, well everything now is different. Note, that isn't the main reason I'm tapping out.

You can get the info from her.

I should be at the meetup; but I'm not answering questions as to why I'm not participating. I'll be at my desk learning how to use wordpress ;)
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 69
Update here: http://phxwordcamp.co...­
Carol S.
CarolStambaugh
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 12
If you are interested in helping with a WordCamp 2012, the organizers of this meetup would like to get your name. Either send an email to me through the members link, or complete this form.

Jerry C.
Cupbearer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 22
I might be interested in helping in various ways as well. I've helped to run/organize several larger conferences in the Mortgage Industry in the past and have contacts that might be useful for helping to outsouce some of the legwork. I'd be interested in finding out some of the numbers and then some of the new restrictions. If someone has already requested this information from WordCamp and can share that would be great, I certainly wouldn't want to step on any toes, but maybe view it to see about helping out. I wouldn't be interested in making any money on this, but the outsource companies that I've used in the past would be. They have always proved to me to be able to pay for themselves with sponsorships they can secure as well as efficiencies, but that would all depend on the restrictions for sponsorships.

I completely keep up on everything going on here, but unfortunately the survey says, Meetups on Thursday, which is the one night that I'll probably never be able to make :(

Jerry
Chuck R.
ChuckReynolds
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 77
since talks are rolling on 2010 wcphx I'll unpin this and let it trickle down ;)