add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Arizona WordPress Group Message Board › HELP!

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 6
I installed a plugin - Website Diary into a client's wordpress site and it has locked it up. When I try to do admin log in, I get code bool(false). His website is a 'customized' 2011 theme and it is VERY touchy -- had to deactivate plugins to solve problems after I updated to newest WP version, but now have this after decided to add in a few more necessities.

I don't know how to 'hack' into the site - do I need to guide him to call support with his web hosting to get in and delete that plugin from his database? Needless, he's not too happy with me! Thanks...Cindy
Jerry C.
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 30
I think typically you can navigate to the actual "Folder" on the isp and just delete the offending plugin from the plugin directory and when you refresh the page it won't be there because it doesn't load. You would need to navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ and find the offending plugin, it will either be a folder or just a .php file. If you don't want to delete the plugin completely you can just rename it and that will deactivate it in the admin panel. Then you can make the changes, change the name back and try again if you want. But, that should restore you to the whatever base configuration there is.
A former member
Post #: 54
Hi Cindy,

If the plugin is preventing you from logging in, you will need to deactivate the plugin directly in the database by using phpMyAdmin. If you are familiar with the phpMyAdmin, you will find instructions on how to find and deactivate the plugin at­.

If you're still having trouble, give me a call at 602-828-2929.

Peace out,
A former member
Post #: 11
Thanks Jerry and Dharma for your reply and suggestions. I guess I should have hit 'track this discussion' because I never knew anyone replied. It got resolved either way - he had someone customize a 2011 theme and I refuse to touch it anymore, because it locked up when I tried to update to current WP version, locked up when I installed some plugins I'm using on multiple other installations. I don't know what this gal from Canada did to the theme, but it's touchy!

You want to carpool to meeting next week? Heard you won the Kindle Fire - awesome!