addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Arizona Outdoor Activities Group Message Board East Valley Hiking, Camping, and Equestrian Club Discussion Forum › MUST READ!!! Ski Trip Information and Cabin Options for wait list

MUST READ!!! Ski Trip Information and Cabin Options for wait list

A former member
Hello Skiers!

I have the latest information about the upcoming trip! The snowfall this week has been great. Jeff and I skied this weekend. It was Jeff's first time and he did a fantastic job. If you haven't already checked, Sunrise offers a ski/snowboard rental/mid mountain lift ticket/and rental package( http://sunriseskipark...­) If this is your first time I would recommend this package as apposed to renting ski's elsewhere since they can exchange them, and return them right here. Plus the price is right.

Food I checked the prices at the Lower Chalet for Breakfast and Lunch and was "Surprised" at how reasonable it was. They had Breakfast Sandwiches, Biscuits and Gravy, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, French Dips, and amazing Salad Bar, Sub Sandwiches, Pizza, Chili, and Fries for what it would cost to eat at most fast food places. They averaged around $3.50 to $5.50 for food items.

Lockers Locker rentals were $1.00 in quarters by the ski rental (but go fast) and they have all day rentals for $10.00. So let's get there early and save us some $$$ on lockers.

Driving up! We will be meeting between 5pm and 11pm at the Elk Ridge Apartments Clubhouse for Pot Luck Dinner, Hot Coffee/ Chocolate as you come into town. They have a pool table, TV room, fitness room if your feeling guilty about all the food, a full kitchen, and plenty of seating. We have it reserved for both Friday and Saturday Night so we can all be together in the evening. This is also convenient because we can leave our leftovers in the fridge, and heat them the following night if there is any left (or order pizza if there isn't LOL) The Elk Ridge apartment is located at 1901 W Deuce Of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901 http://www.elkridgeap...­

When you arrive at the clubhouse parking is in front, and overflow is on the left as you pull in. At this time you can fill up, mingle with all of us and Meetup with myself, Jeff, and Marsha if she makes it back on time, and get directions to your weekend residence.

Some beds will be based off of first come, and others are assigned to couples, and House Hosts. There is a spot for everyone coming, singles may be asked to share a queen bed with a same sexed member so bring your own sleeping bag, and pillow so you won't have to snuggle with a stranger! You can also bring a twin air mattress if you are touchy and take up some floor space if you wish (we are a camping club after all) LOL

Addresses to the three homes are as follows

Jeff's -1901 W Deuce Of Clubs, Show Low AZ 85901 # 130 - House Host Sergei and Mel

Marsha's- 2700 S White Mountain Rd, Show Low AZ 85901 # 601- House Host Jana

Kathleen's 2791 S Lockwood Dr, Lakeside AZ 85929 - House Host Jeff, and Kathleen

Contact me if you have any questions or ideas @ 928-228-8700

Kathleen 

PS Those of you on the wait list there are cabin rentals just up the street from my Lakeside home. The cabins are gorgeous, and reasonable and if you share a cabin the price is very good, about $50.00 to $80.00 per person for the weekend. http://lakeofthewoods...­ Contact members on the wait list and see if anyone else would be interested in sharing a cabin with you if you are interested in coming anyway.

PSS Joe, and Wendy's House, please meet us at the Clubhouse in Show Low on Friday, and Saturday for Pot Luck so you won't have to clean your kitchen, it's right as you enter town so we can see you guys before the ski trip!