Arlington Ruby Message Board › Looking for great developers

Looking for great developers

Joshua S.
jszmajda
Columbia, MD
Post #: 4
Hey Fellow Rubyists!

I'm Josh, CTO at Optoro, a startup in the DC area (Lanham, MD) focusing on the reverse logistics industry. We’re revolutionizing how people deal with customer returns, liquidation, overstock, end-of-life, and other alternative goods.

We're looking to hire two more full-time developers to join our small team, one senior and one junior. Ideally, we're looking for people who know ruby, rails, and related technologies, but we've brought people in from non-ruby backgrounds, so if you have web development experience, please contact me. We offer competitive salary, 401k, health benefits, and equity in our rapidly growing business.

We have lots of interesting problems around big data (automatic pricing, product research), marketplace management, inventory management, usability, operational efficiency, and ecommerce. Our systems are used constantly internally and externally, so we deploy often and get rapid feedback. There's a lot of hidden depth to our industry, so if you're looking for interesting problems, we have them!

Some awesome technologies that we're currently using include rails 3.1, ruby 1.9, mysql, mongodb, redis, memcached, rspec, jquery, haml, sass, ember.js, active merchant, active shipping, httparty, plucky, nginx, and unicorn.

We're a fun team that is active in the local ruby community. We have other perks like bagels every morning, company outings, company lunches, continuous learning activities, and flexible schedules. Feel free to challenge us to a game of darts; our dart board gets a lot of use!

For more information, check out our websites (www.optoro.com and www.blinq.com) and our full job listing: http://optoro.com/emp...­ (yes, that site is in PHP... it needs to be reworked asap, maybe a good first project?).

Contact me any time—I'm josh@optoro.com or at 301-880-1218

Thanks!

-Josh Szmajda
CTO
Optoro, Inc.
301-880-1218
josh@optoro.com