Please Read Thoroughly BEFORE Applying!
Ladies Only! 25ish to 35ish who are looking for quality connections and great real girlfriends. It doesn't matter if you are single or married, or what you do for work, we all seem to find many things we have in common no matter how diverse our backgrounds. Here are some examples of the types of girls you will meet here:
• New to the D.C. area and looking to make some real friends.
• Been here for a few years but have gotten stuck in the work/school/relationship rut and you need to get back to having a group of girls to hang with.
• Girl's Girls who are very fun, outgoing and inclusive
The options of activities are endless. You will be welcome to host an event anytime, or simply share your ideas. We will also do activities as a group from time to time. I know that significant others, family or other friends are an important part of our lives so we definitely include others for a lot of our events. If you do not have a +1 do not let that deter you from coming to a group event!
Currently, we are a group of ladies sans children, but lots of furry babies. So if you have a 4-legged creature that you treat like a kiddo... you won't be alone!
• Happy Hours - especially in Ballston/Clarendon/Court House area
• Games Nights - if you are easily offended... don't come! We get silly :-)
• Dinner & A Movie - who says that's just for date night?
• Book Clubs - If you're a literary genius, well... we keep the reads and the chatting pretty lighthearted.
Many of us are creatures of convenience, therefore many of our events will take place somewhere along the orange line metro (think Ballston, Clarendon, Courthouse, Rosslyn area). But from time to time we will get brave and schedule something in D.C., Alexandria or NoVA.
I would say most of our events will occur in the following order: happy hour times during the week (no particular day), evenings on the weekends (especially when we do group events), and then the occasional day time weekend event (think book clubs, brunches and wine tastings).
Aristotle said, "In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge."
I moved here not having a single girlfriend, and am blessed to have found many amazing friendships in this group.
Now... There are a few important things to note before joining this group!
• This is a small group with quality members over quantity. In my opinion it's better to have 5 actively engaged friends, than 50 people who sign up just to offset their boredom from time to time. I'll stress it again, this group of girls knows each other well, builds friendships with each other that extend beyond the meetup platform, and are actively engaged in each others' lives. If that doesn't sound like something you would like to be a part of or something that you need, this group won't be for you.
• Things that will get your request to the group declined:
-No photo on your profile
-Lame answers to the questions.
-If the group is too large for the time being.
• Things that will get you removed after approval:
-Inactivity (We understand life gets busy, but if you join, make sure you will be able to come to enough events in the beginning to get to know everyone and decide if this group of friends is for you. If you are added and do not RSVP for something within a week or two, you will probably be removed out of respect for the privacy of our other members).
-Flakiness (This means, excessive no shows, or lots of changing your RSVPs at the last minute. Life happens, yes, but in this day and age pretty much everyone has the ability to send a quick text to change plans.)
-Requests from Others
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:00 PM
Sunday, August 2, 2015 10:00 AM
Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:45 PM
Friday, August 7, 2015 7:30 PM
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:00 PM
Sunday, August 23, 2015 6:30 PM
Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:30 PM
Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:30 PM
Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:00 PM
Saturday, September 19, 2015 12:30 PM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers