add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Arlington Chinese Corner Message Board › I need help relating to mainland Chinese teens

I need help relating to mainland Chinese teens

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey everyone,

I am an ESOL teacher who will be teaching Chinese teenagers for two weeks in July from mainland China. They are coming to the United States to experience life on a college campus. I want to play the game below. I would be very grateful to get your feedback for July. Do you think the people that I have identified will likely be known by my students? Is there anyone else that you would add? THANKS! Susan Smith

Who am I? Guessing Game
Type up a list of between 15-20 names of current famous people, e.g.: "Madonna", "Tom Cruise", etc. and cut into slips of paper approx. 1 1/2 " by 3". Pin a slip of paper onto each student's back. Students circulate and ask each other Yes or No questions about the person's name pinned to their backs until they guess who they "are".

Jay Chou (Taiwanese pop musician)
Chen Yibing (Chinese gymnast)
Zhang Ziyi (Chinese actress)
Gong Li (Chinese-Singaporean actress)
Hu Jintao (President of China)
Lao Lang (Chinese singer/songwriter)
Michael Jackson (American singer)
Barack Obama (President of the United States)
Chen Lu Yu (Chinese talk show host)
Mahatma Gandhi (Indian political leader)
Easen Chan (Chinese singer)
Jacky Cheung (Chinese singer/songwriter and actor)
Mao Tse Tung (founder of the People’s Republic of China)
Kong Fuzi or Confucious (Chinese thinker, social philosopher)
Angelina Jolie (American actor)
Tom Cruise (American actor)
Lady Gaga (American singer)
Li Bai (Chinese poet)
Radioactive Man (Chinese superhero)
Yo Yo Ma (Chinese-American musician)Lo Lang