addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Around Arlington Meetup Message Board › FW Weekly 2007 Best Of...Good Grub

FW Weekly 2007 Best Of...Good Grub

Dawn
DawnInDFW
Group Organizer
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 279
Just saw their article, and thought this group might want to check out some of these great places since several are Around Arlington.

Anybody been to any of these places yet? Which ones should we check out first?

Good Grub...Best of from FW Weekly magazine

Home Cooking
Critics choice: Division Street Diner, 1800 W Division St, Arlington

Deli
Critics choice: Taste of Europe, 1901 W Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington

Cajun
Critics choice: Pierres Mardi Gras Café, 2816 S Cooper St, Arlington

French
Critics choice: Cacharel, 2221 E Lamar Blvd, Arlington

Tex-Mex (Over $10 Entrée)
Critics choice: Esparzas Tequila Factory, 3314 Harwood Rd, Bedford

Middle Eastern
Critics choice: Semiramis Café, 803 W Park Row Dr, Arlington

Sandwich
Critics choice: La Campiña Salvadoreña, 1115 E Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington

Place to Buy Ethnic Food
Critics choice: Halal Import Food Market, 701 E Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington
Dawn
DawnInDFW
Group Organizer
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 285
OK, tried to find some additional info on these places. Here's what I found:

Division Street Diner, 1800 W Division St, Arlington. 817-274-1606. Outside it looks like an office building. Inside it?s a modern café with classic breakfast/lunch home-cooking. $

Taste of Europe, www.tasteofeuropetx.com­, It's a store and a restaurant. One of the language meetups meets here. Taste of Europe 1901 W Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington. 817-275-5530. Hearty Russian chow that should please the meat-and-potatoes crowd. $$

Cacharel, 2221 E Lamar Blvd. 817-640-9981. On one side of the menu is a fixed-price listing of expertly prepared French cuisine; on the other, a few specialties from the grill, like the filet mignon and an ostrich steak. $$$

Esparzas Tequila Factory, over 100 kinds of tequila!

La Campiña Salvadoreña...make a run for this friendly little Central American grocery. And if a sandwich doesn?t feel complete without a Coke and chips, pick up a bottle of Kolashanpan (?champagne cola?) and a bag of fried plantains. That?s brown-bagging it Salvadoran style.

Semiramis Café, 803 W. Park Row, Arlington. 817-277-1025. Middle Eastern fast food, cheap and delicious. $

Halal Import Food Market...Attached to the large market is the impressive Al Hamra restaurant, which gets its ingredients from Halal.
Brian
Brian1107
Arlington, TX
Post #: 5
OMG! Any of these would be great! Let's start with Middle Eastern, then Indian, then Spanish,... smile
Dawn
DawnInDFW
Group Organizer
Grand Prairie, TX
Post #: 437
This group is always trying out new restaurants, and this morning I heard on 102.9 that they are compiling a list of listener nominations for BEST RESTAURANT VIBE. Guess that means fun place to hang out rather than focusing on the spectacular food or drinks. Anyhow, a few are in the mid-cities, so I thought I would share with the group. I am curious to know if any of you have been to any of these places. And if so, how great IS their VIBE?

Morning MIX 102.9 Nominations for BEST RESTAURANT VIBE
Andréa's Italian Restaurant in Richardson
Casa Milagro in Richardson
Chuy's Tex Mex in Dallas
Little Pete's Marina in Flower Mound/Lake Grapevine
Mignon on Preston Rd in Plano
Cafe Matteson in Carrollton
Cowtown Sushi in Southlake
Planet Burrito in Southlake
The Melting Pot in Southlake
Tillmans Roadhouse in Oak Cliffs Bishop Arts District

Samui Thai in Plano
Iron Cactus next to Pegasus Plaza in downtown Dallas
Posados in Frisco
Gonzalez (on Jefferson in Dallas)
Razzoos (on Cooper in Arlington)
Pandas (on Oaklawn next to JRs)
Café Max of Richardson
Trinity Pub down at Mockingbird Station
Sushi Awaji in Plano
Primo's in Dallas
Plano Tavern in Plano
Sushi Samba (Galleria)
Half Shell's in Plano
Terrellis in Dallas
Lavendous in Dallas
Martha
user 4145167
Arlington, TX
Post #: 28
I have been to the Melting Pot in Dallas (not southlake) and it was delicious! It's a little pricey, tho. I have heard thru friends that Lavendous is really good, too.