addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

ArtNet (Arlington Artists Network) Message Board › Show opportunities!

Show opportunities!

Pamela O.
Hi All!

The art commission has another new project. Art on the banner poles in downtown Arlington Heights. We would need a photo or your art work, the theme is "Fall" . The photo needed would have to be high quality as the final image will be 30" X 48". We are limiting this to 25 artists. Art will hang on 25 banners from August to October and the poles are on Northwest Highway and Arlinton Heights Road.

There will be a cost to the artist of $50.00. Banners then are the artists. If enough interest, we will conduct an auction for the banners with the proceeds going to charity.

All details and application for the banner pole project will be available within the next day or so. I will email you that information.

Also, on the first floor of village hall are some small glass cases which could be used for small sculpture exhibit. I will get dimensions of these cases and let you know. 3D Artwork can be displayed in cases for a period of up to 3 months. Small signs could be displayed advertising the artist.

Now for the second floor, this would be 2D artwork and can accomodate 5-10 pieces (dependant on size). This also would be available for up to 3 months. To exhibit at village hall, they require a prior submission of photos of the art work. They will approve them and notify the artist of the approval. They can then be displayed. Installation/takedown should be done during the day from 8am to 5pm. After hours would have to be done by special request.

All of these exhibits make a wonderful opportunity for the artist to be seen.

The Artist Outreach program is Friday April 19, 2013, and of course is free.

I'll send more info out as soon as I get it.

It looks like we will be able to meet here this month ( construction haven't started yet!). Since we are doing foam carving this month, if you have a shop vac, please bring it!

See you all next Tues at 7pm, don't forget to bring show & tell, munches and/ or drinks!

Have a great week!
Pamela