A VERY special evening of film screenings and events at MOCA, in connection with the November exhibit:
HEALING THROUGH THE PAIN, curated by Courtney Mazza
Friday, November 15, 2013
6:00 PM until ???
(This is also Third Friday Open Galleries at Canal Square)
THE PROGRAM [Note: This event WILL involve nudity* (at least one female model; optionally others of all sexes)]
6 - 6:30 Meet the Artists & curator Courtney Mazza
6:30 Work of Walking Art: Danyell Truesdale will be body painted with UV paint
7:30 Screening begins:
• The Walking Gallery (world premiere)--documentary featuring founder and lead artist Regina Holliday, and second lead artist and D.C. liaison Courtney Mazza
• 73¢--a mini documentary of Regina Holliday painting the mural that changed her life as her husband died; 73¢ at 5001 Connecticut Ave., D.C.
• A documentary of Roger Anthony tattooing
• Clips from A Painted City, by Caitlin Carrol, featuring D.C. muralists Regina Holliday & Byron Peck
• A documentary of St. Elizabeth's art therapy with the criminally insane, designed to improve self image and inspire confidence in these outliers to society
THROUGHOUT THIS EVENT, licensed massage therapist Rebecca Menso will be offering guests healing massages on site. Clothing is OPTIONAL!
FOLLOWING THE SCREENING: Roger Anthony will tattoo live on Danyell Truesdale, Walking Art--featuring CRACKS, attesting her struggle with her mother's crack addiction.
READ MORE ABOUT THIS EXHIBIT--ABOUT THE THEME; ABOUT THE ARTISTS; ABOUT THE CURATOR--AT http://mocadc.wix.com/healingthroughpain#
*A FEW REMARKS CONCERNING NUDITY AT MOCA EVENTS
• One female model is scheduled to appear nude. While others of all sexes (seriously; we've had more than two!) are welcome to shed their clothes, NOBODY will be pressed to do so. At these events, the majority keep their clothes on.
• At MOCA, we INSIST that all guests with photo devices respect the wishes of others concerning photos. NO PICTURES MEANS NO PICTURES! (And "Yes, you may take a photo," does NOT necessarily mean "You may post that photo on the Internet.")
• And particularly this night, when the other galleries are open, we insist that the partly or completely disrobed respect MOCA's neighbors. We will have something to screen the view through the front window; do NOT go around that screen less than fully dressed. And remember that the bathrooms are in the Sea Catch Restaurant, where you must be fully dressed. If you feel inspired to strip, you are urged to think about visiting them first; a robe, a towel, gym shorts, a toga, body paint ARE NOT SUFFICIENT!