Our Founder, David, has found a new venue for the Guild's Model Training sessions. And it's in Metro DC! The President/CEO of Washington ArtWorks, in Rockville (please note: the link is mildly NSFW) has offered the space as our new home. And it's incredibly convenient to the Twinbrook Metro Station. (You can click above for the map; you can also find information and directions here.)
And since this is a venue that hires models on a regular basis--some for photography portrait sessions, some for open drawing sessions-- Our Founder David has decided to do things a little differently for this first session.
This session will not be our usual program of formal instruction, followed by potential models trying some poses.* Instead, David has proposed:
• David will talk for about five minutes about the Figure Models Guild;
• I'll talk for about five minutes about my role in the Guild's model training sessions;
• Someone will give us a brief introduction to Washington Artworks.
David anticipates that after that, we will have an informal meet-and-greet, possibly followed by modeling. There might very well be some guidance available for anyone who is thinking of getting into modeling (I will be prepared to model, and I can give my traditional demonstration, if I'm called upon).
• WE INVITE/ENCOURAGE ANY AND ALL MODELS TO ATTEND. The incentive for models is a chance for profession networking--perhaps finding new job opportunities. As David has said, "a chance to join their [Washington ArtWorks'] list of models for these sessions. Models may opt to join all lists, thus improving their opportunities for more gigs."
• WE INVITE ARTISTS WHO DRAW FROM THE MODEL TO ATTEND. The incentive is "a chance to draw a number of different models in a structured free-for-all type session."
*We anticipate that our more usual program of instruction will return in June.