|From:||Chris (Crista) W.|
|Sent on:||Friday, February 3, 2012 3:07 PM|
For artists that have/or are submitting work: I am still trying to make time to work up everyone's master contact & information sheet and WILL be contacting artists directly. But that is SO time consuming, so PLEASE READ THE BELOW and if you know you haven't given me what I need - PLEASE get it to me ASAP and don't wait for a personal request. SEND TO: [address removed]
Do I have ALL the below info from you? IF not, please send it in to Crista WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS:
TITLE: Your title for the piece
Sub-Title: (a sub-title for your piece that fits the theme of the show) (The High Cost of... The Price of.. What is the cost of... The price I paid for... etc.)
STATEMENT/STORY (about the art) - We need or would like a description of your work and how you perceive it relates to the concept of "At What Price..." (I have included at the bottom an exampleof one artist description of her piece...)
7. BIO: (about the Artist) - We would also like a BRIEF (approx 50 word) BIO on yourself as an artist and contact info in case anyone would like to purchase a painting/piece of work.
8. PRICE: What is the price of your artwork? no, seriously, is your work for sale? How much: $_____
9. CONTACT INFO: How can an interested party contact you to purchase the work. This info will be in the artist book, available to the public, so think about if you want your phone number, Email, or any other contact info. Consider that/f someone is interested in purchasing your work, the easier it is to reach you, the more likely they will buy a piece from you.
SAMPLE STORY (DESCRIPTION) OF ARTWORK: Populations all over the world and throughout history have held on to some form of believe in reincarnation. Under this theory of recycled, personable energy, it appears that although we gain another life, we lose something in the process – our memory. Forgetting is the price of the transmigration of the soul, and it can appear to cost us much: the belief in reincarnation itself seems to wane in modern times, overshadowed by material theories of the universe which insist upon “proof” reincarnation struggles to summon. But a belief in reincarnation does not necessitate a memory of past life experience; in fact, the price of forgetting may very well be the gift of a new slate, a cleared mind, so that we may truly embrace each life as we come to it.
Your story does not need to be SO intellectual, theoretical, poetic, or whatever... But if you have not supplied ANY kind of story to go with your artwork - your page of information in our book will be awfully blank.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW, IMPORTANT DATES, ETC:
DO NOT take your work to the theater at will! You must bring your work to Aux Dog on the drop off days.
-> Drop Off Days are Sunday Feb 5th, 3-6pm; and Wednesday Feb 8th, 5-8pm. PS: Please check the web site or call Crista @[masked] before you come to verify these times.
- Crista and Scott, or Ryder, or another co-organizer... will be at the theater on February 5th to hang the last picture rail and we will need 2 or 3 additional volunteers (who have experience hanging art on line from a picture rail or similar hardware!) to begin hanging artwork for the show.
- Repeat the above for February 8th - need 2 or 3 more volunteers.
- Repeat for Feb 10 Friday, set up for the opening - need a bunch of volunteers
-TO HELP OUT on any of the above three dates, or sit shift during the run (which every artist in the show is asked to take at least ONE shift) please SEE EVENTS LISTING to sign up, and please include a comment in your RSVP if you are "helping" or "drop off work"
PS: If you call or Email me through the site please include your cell #.