|From:||Chris (Crista) W.|
|Sent on:||Saturday, June 16, 2012 2:38 PM|
WHERE below or in any other email have you sent me your phone number in print? in an email? As I said in my last email to you, “you called me” - but you did not send me your phone number nor post a phone number for the shop to the event. I asked you to review the directions for posting an event on the site and apparently you did not, because almost nothing that is posted there today, except for the suggestion to add an image or a live link, is “new”. The only difference is that some things are now stated twice or more forcefully. did you read the last email I sent you last night? I have copied it below... Read below and then contact me, Or don’t bother. Yesterday was yucky and I’m done with Meetup for a couple days. Any feedback from members about your event on the web site is of your own doing now.
RE-PRINT from 6/15/12, sent as an email message
1. No You called me, and you never provided your phone number in an email to me per my request. I did not "save" into my phone your number, nor should i have had to. I expected you to reply via email which is posted on the site pages as part of the procedure for posting.
2. Your personal number does not need to be posted on the event page, but as the organizer of the group, I requested it because I personally NEED IT for situations such as what happened - multiple members showing up at an event that is posted but not happening - for which I, ultimately, am responsible to be accountable for.
3. The number I wanted posted to the event was a phone number for the place of business where the event was being held. That is pretty common sense. Instead I had to take 20 minutes out of my day, my business and what I was doing in considerable aggravation and not a small amount of pissed-off-ness to find that number on the web, (which did not WORK when I tried to call it), and try to figure out what was going on.
4. Perhaps not advisable to use the phrase "Oh ARTISTS!" in an exasperating way in a group meant to support artists!
5. Please update your posting ASAP with a phone number for your place of business and a schedule for the group members of whatever activities you have scheduled for Saturday & Sunday so members can feel that they are informed and welcome to attend your events this weekend.
Other than that I am obviously kind of pissed off about the lack·a·dai·si·cal way you handled the event, and the fact that 2 members say the staff at the glass shop didn't even KNOW of any kind of event, and the fact that what you advertised as a glass shop is also a Head Shop - which effects participation of members with children.
Ultimately, Members where left feeling lost & misdirected. It's clear to me that this situation will result in a change of posting policy but I will take a few days to think about it and talk to some of the other event-organizers about how to best tighten up the control while still leaving space for encouraging wide participation. A delicate balance and not always attainable.
I did not attack you in the outgoing email at all, only saying “as a result of confusion resulting from.... and other past events...” which is true and not, in my opinion, overly harsh. Please note that I have, all along, gone out of my way to go to your profile and contact you as an email for most of my communication - not banter back and forth on the “comment” section in public on the event page. You are using the site in a way which shows either your inexperience with social networking - or you disregard for social standards around the medium. That is one of several reasons I offered you a very good price for a little technical assistance. As it is now I’ve spent 3 or 4 hours dealing with your fiasco and the site rules and creating a posting to members regarding policy, etc. Some of that needed to be done anyway, some of it has just been a waste of my time. With no compensation. So I’m done with you and your shop at this point. I hope folks still have a great time at your events, but you won’t see me.
Alameda, New Mexico, USA
I hope the new policy helps you and the group...
I trust in full disclosure you will admit to the group we spoke over the phone from the start. I called you and then you called me back. Remember? We discussed your fee for telling me how to post to your group... The thing is, you have had my personal phone number this entire time... Otherwise it seems a little, well, dishonest- and I know you to be a stickler for honesty... :)
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Misty- The Chicken Lady ([address removed]) from Arts New Mexico.
To learn more about Misty- The Chicken Lady, visit his/her member profile
Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]