addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

South Ashevilles Ayurveda Raw /Vegan/Veggie Folk! Message Board › Check out our member Jacqueline Corbett's site...the rawfood network

Check out our member Jacqueline Corbett's site...the rawfood network

A former member
Hey Everybody.
Jacqueline Corbett is a member of our group. Go to her extraordinary website http://www.rawfoodnet...­
She established it about five years ago when she first went raw. Since her involvement with our meetup group, she has been bringing her site up-to-date. It's awesome to see how much information about anything raw she has culled in her intense and on-going research for her site. Her intention is to have the site be a hub of info for the seeker of anything raw. You will be amazed! And we are so proud of her for all her dedicated work in her creation.
Gwendolyn...your rawfood meetup organizer
A former member
Post #: 1
Thanks, Gwendolyn, for the really great mention!

I am so excited about what's been happening in the raw and living foods movement since I was first introduced to it in May of 2002. As I was updating www.rawfoodnetwork.com these past couple of weeks (I got tired of apologizing for all the broken links!), I discovered a very interesting phenomenon taking place amongst many raw foodists that is significantly and profoundly affecting the general public's awareness of the raw food movement: social networking via the Internet and websites like Meetup.com­, YouTube.com­ and MySpace.com­.

Because of these sites, all of which are an outrageously successful and unstoppable phenomena, the power to get the word out to the masses and thus be able to make a difference about ANYTHING is no longer just in the hands of the media, the press, the politicians, and the well-healed lobbyists.

Now, anyone with access to the internet and thusly Meetup.com­, YouTube.com­ and MySpace.com­, has the power to make a profound difference by simply linking up with one another at this amazing 'grass roots' social networking level and speaking out.

I am so impressed with the number of raw food meetups I found at Meetup.com... 79 at last count in the US alone ... representing over 6,000 people... plus 3,000+ people WAITING for someone to START a raw food meetup in their area. You'll find links to all of the US meetup groups in the "Potlucks­" page and in the "Support Groups" page of RawFoodNetwork.com­

Then I became aware of the number of raw food-related videos there were on YouTube.com­! Just put keyword phrases like 'raw food' or 'raw food restaurant' or 'David Wolfe' into the search box and youll see what I mean. What a great way for ANYONE with a video camera (or even a digital camera that can capture a couple of minutes of motion) to be able to share a recipe... or a success story... with everyone in the world via a v-blog (video blog) or a YouTube.com video. I am putting as many of these videos into RawFoodNetwork.com­ as I can find... as quickly as I can. Right now, you'll find them on the homepage, and on the "Getting Started" page, the Restaurants­ page, and a few others.

But the most fascinating part of what I discovered in updating RawFoodNetwork.com was MySpace.com! I have only been a MySpace.com­ member for a week. When you click on that link you'll be taken to my personal MySpace website. Scroll down, click on the link below the photos of the 'top 24' and take a look at the many raw-food friendly friends I have had the pleasure to discover and add in just this short period of time. It's been fun finding and inviting them... and then hearing back from some of them via email as well.

As I write this on Sunday a.m., there are 230 friends -- and I would say that by what they say on their website, at least 95% of them are into raw foods! Click on their photos and read their profiles. These are fascinating people. Alive. Vibrantly healthy. I am really excited and proud to be in their company.

One person I spoke with who lives in Portland and is very much into raw foods and knows a few of these people, said he felt like he had arrived "home". Another person wrote and thanked me for showing her where all her friends are.

What fun it will be to connect with these people and interact with them -- any time I want -- via emailing them directly -- via comments on their MySpace page ... and via bulletins delivered en masse to everyone in my friends group to their MySpace homepage. And of course I can blog about anything I want, as often as I want (I've done just one so far) and the blog not only appears on my website, but it appears in keyword searches... and it can also appear in a Google search. I can also add photos and captions via a MySpace slide slideshow... and I plan to do just that. You can also join a wide variety of Raw Food Groups, both regional and international, once you're a member of MySpace.com... as well as other interest groups. So you can see how just one person (like you!) with a single MySpace webpage ... can influence, ultimately, as the ripples spread from the dropped stone... MILLIONS of people.

I encourage anyone who doesn't have a MySpace page, to sign up and start building your page .... and become a part of the fun. You can be as 'private' or 'public' as you want just by choosing your options. Then just fill in the blanks with as much information... or as little information... as you want. It's an easy 'paint by the numbers' process which you can go back and edit anytime you want... 100 times a day if you want. Once you have your site built, start inviting people that YOU like to join you.... by searching on key words that interest you (doesn't have to be just raw... could be anything) and clicking on the "add me" button on THEIR page! Of course, you can start by looking at the friends I have and inviting some or all of them to be your friends. Whatever you do, have fun!

My goal for RawFoodNetwork.com has definitely shifted and become more real over the past two weeks.

Now that I see that tremendous power that we all have to connect with and network with one another via these various social networking site, my goal for RawFoodNetwork is to:

1) become a 'nexus point' for people who are into raw foods, or even raw curious, to find each other and network

2) become a focal point for people who are just getting started in raw and living foods to find sources of constant inspirations via the "Getting Started" page.... with its links to

Before and After pictures, success stories, raw food recipes, etc.

3) become an easy to access group of resources for everyone who is eating raw foods to find out what's happening and where

4) become a great "all in one place" way to share with others who may not be into eating raw the many benefits of this diet and lifestyle.

I actively invite and encourage your feedback on this site -- and would value any links or information you would like to add to it to make it more relevant and valuable to you. Just email me with your recommendations. Or post them to the group. I... and potentially thousands of others... will value your contribution.
"
YOU DO make a difference!

Jacqueline