Welcome to Asian Grupting. Hope you find this group fun and interesting while you build solid networks of friends. In order to facilitate our events, there are some do and don't about our event. These are some of guidelines of our event policy. This will help you understand why we do what we do and ask you to comply with these guidelines.
1. Please post a clear facial picture as your main page. You could have your dogs/cats or scenery as your secondary picture. I am sure all of you don't want to attend an event that you know no one, recognize no one. With scenery picture with small face that no one can recognize is not acceptable. You can use your scenery picture as your secondary picture, but clear facial picture is needed to participate in our events. This is mainly for our members security and safety.
2. RSVP - Please do not respond "NO", unless you previously RSVP, "Yes". If everyone RSVP, "NO", our mailbox will be litter with email. It is not required to respond, NO, if you are unable to attend. If you want to support and unable to attend, just put comments on event page.
3. Why do you limit guest list to 1 or 2? I sometime limit the guest list because the event is very popular and I want our members to enjoy, instead of non-member. Second, not always but many times, if you are coming with few of your friends, it is less likely for you and your friend to mingle with other members. Third, it is hard for me as an event host to remember non-member as well as other members to know your guest, without them registering. Fourth, someone with 2 or 3 guest cancel the event, it will affect the dynamic of the event a lot more. Fifth, purely for egotistical in organizer's view, we like to expand this group. Hope this is satisfactory answer to your questions.
4. Why do you ban me from participating the event? I usually don't ban people from a group, just I don't let them participate in my event, if they have NO Show. This policy is apply generally to small group dinner event or ticketed event, where member do not pay and cancel last minute or no show. I end up losing money, then I don't let them participate in my future events. I generally relax this rule in huge group event or free event where more than 30-40 people participate. However, it is your responsible to sign up for an event and your responsible to cancel the event, if you are unable to come then cancel the RSVP. If you are unable to attend, then cancel the RSVP, so that we as a group don't wait for you.
5. Most of events, RSVP is needed to participate. Just because you know someone, you cannot walk into our event without RSVP. I generally closed the RSVP about 2 days before the event date and that is the day, you have to cancel your RSVP, if unable to attend. Some other event organizer, open/close the RSVP until a right before the event time. Know, who is organizing and their policy.
6. Rarely, but I have done someone from participating the event, even though they sign up and show up on time. When I perceived that person is either intoxicated or drunk, I asked him/her to leave the premise. This is for safety and security of other members.
7. One more thing. Though I respect each individual's privacy. Please do not use fake id such as "love to travel", "cat lover", etc. If you want, you can use your nickname with your name.
8. Unless specified, all our event is open to people over 21 (18, if there is no alcohol is served). I don't want to be responsible for under-age people participating. If you want to bring your children, do so without this meetup. I appreciate your understanding.
9. We all like contributors. Someone with positive energy, offering to give a ride to others. Share food/drink, free entrance pass, etc. Hope all of you could become a positive contributor to this group.
Seems a lot of do and don't, but it is to benefit our whole group. Hope you understand and look forward to seeing you in future events.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Asian Groupting||January 16, 2014 10:46 AM||Joo Hong K.|