addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Book Club - Asian Authors/Books about Asia Message Board › Final Plans for Saturday Christmas Meet-up

Final Plans for Saturday Christmas Meet-up

Vineet
VineetVijh
London, GB
Hello 2012 BookClubbers,,

The plans for our final meet-up of the year, this Saturday, are now confirmed, and the details have been updated on the meet-up site.

The meet-up will be divided into three parts, you can choose to come for one, two or all three parts.  

1. The book club  – The Prophet - from 2:45 pm to 5:30 pm.

2.  The Party - Mulled wine and mince pies 5:30 to 7:45 pm.

3.  Christmas dinner – at the Bollywood Brassiere   - from 8:00 pm to 11:00pm.

The book club 

This is the serious part of the evening. We will have a serious discussion about birth, death and everything what it means to be human. Please bring a reflective mood and be prepared to bare your soul.

This meet-up will be at my flat. If you want to attend the book club you have to be at my flat before 3:00pm. The entrance to the building has an Auto Lock which is activated at 3:00pm and the door can’t be opened until 5:30 pm

The address is Flat 14 Barrier Point Road. E16 2SB. To get to my flat by public transport, the nearest station is Pontoon Dock DLR station. To get to Pontoon Dock station , you either take the DLR from Bank , or take the Jubilee line to Canning town and change to the DLR to Pontoon Dock.

From the Pontoon Dock stations, it is a 3 minute walk, turn towards Canary Wharf when you get out of the Station , and within a minute you will see a large white Building. Look for a ramp with a Barrier and go up that ramp ( Don't go up the parking garage, it is the next ramp up). My flat is the first block , Tower 1. Press 14 on the intercom and I will let you in. My flat is on the first floor. If you have a problem finding the place call on 0776 968 2056.

If you plan to drive, come up the ramp to the barrier, press 14 at the barrier, and I will let you in. It is free parking, you can park anywhere, once you are past the barrier. Then follow the instructions above to get to my flat.

There are no disruptions to the DLR service this weekend.

The Party

The Party starts at 5:30 pm, it will be at my flat (see instructions above on how to get to my flat). You can come anytime between 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm. It is a mulled wine and mince pies party. Mulled wine will be provided. If you want to drink something else then bring it along. You are encouraged to bring non-alcoholic drinks.  If you can’t decide what to bring, here is a guide

If your name begins with the letters between  A-L get an alcoholic drink

If you name begins with letters between M-R get some mince pies or similar

If you name begins with letters between S-Z get some non-alcoholic drinks

During the evening we will also have a Secret Santa. Bring a book, gift wrapped for Christmas. If you think any specific person or person(s) would particularly like that book, write their name or name(s) on the gift, otherwise write “For anyone and everyone”.

The dress code for the evening is Red. Wear something red.

The Christmas Dinner

The Christmas Dinner is at the

http://www.bollywoodbrasserie.co.uk/­.

It is at the Excel Centre a 10 minute walk from my flat. We will leave my flat at 7:45 to be at the Restaurant at 8:00pm.

If you would like to come directly to the restaurant the nearest DLR stop is Custom House and the place in front of the Excel Centre, just come down the stairs.

The dinner is a Punjabi Buffet at a cost £20 per head. The owner of the place assured me that it is the best Indian meal in London. 

We will have a private area reserved for us, with a separate buffet.  

During dinner we may have some games and Apes dinner we will have our annual awards ceremony.

The dinner will finish at 11:30 to allow people to catch the last trains to where ever they want to go.

I have paid a deposit for the dinner, so if you had said yes to the Party and are now unable make it please let me know, if you have any consideration for my bank balance.