Thurs., October 25, 2012
Using Astrology in the Light of the I Ching
The ancient astrologers and I Ching (Yijing) sages had one thing in common: They were masters of time. Both astrology and Yijing address fourth dimensional reality (time) and teach us to use it instead of being pulled along unconsciously by universal forces. When these two tools of awareness are combined, we develop our own mastery of time. More than a way to relate the 64 hexagrams of Yijing to astrological degrees, this blending allows us to see the interplay of planetary forces and work with those energies to move ourselves along our chosen path more smoothly. In this presentation, we will:
- re-enter the mystical world of the ancient sages, where time, energy, and alchemy combine
- discover the hidden symbology of Yijing as an alchemical tool and record of Taoist cosmology and astro-mythology
- survey ways that Yijing and astrology intersect
- do a sample reading of the energies that helps us understand the planetary patterns as energy doorways using Yijing
- explore how time functions, how it is bent and opened by the planetary patterns
- map the planetary energies relevant to the 2012 transition of humanity using astrology and Yijing
For more than three decades, Terry Lamb (M.A. Linguistics, UC San Diego; C.A. NCGR, EEMCP) has been helping people to understand how cycles and energies work and interact in their lives. She augments her astrological acumen with energy medicine, Yijing (Chinese Book of Change), psychology, and a broad range of health and spiritual studies. Terry is among the nation's most knowledgeable, insightful, and engaging astrologers. Recently, she has introduced a new way to bring astrology to others, "Sky Stories", providing performances from living room to concert hall. And now, she is unveiling an integration of Yijing and astrology after a lifetime's work with both tools. With earthy realism, enlightening insight, and healing compassion, Terry's approach has helped thousands of clients and students find their own way to "walk among the stars". You can take advantage of her insights through personal consultations, Sky Stories performances and readings, energy balancing, or study with her through courses, seminars, retreats, books, and home study resources. You can find out more at www.terrylamb.net and reach her for appointments and bookings at [masked] or [masked].
Become a member for only $35 a year! For details and directions see Membership Information.
Regular meetings will cost $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
$2 discounts off meeting fees for:
- Students with a student ID card
- Senior citizens (age 65+),
- People experiencing their Uranus Return (born 1925 or earlier) with membership get in for free!
Meetings start promptly at 7:30 p.m.
Building C, room 260
Marina district, San Francisco
At the intersection of Marina and Buchanan.