addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Rhode Island Atheist Society Message Board › Chistmas Protest

Chistmas Protest

Paul_Auger
educatedAtheist
Warwick, RI
Post #: 11
I think we need to show up on the 6th of December. Doreen Costa is doing a separate "Christmas tree" lighting to counteract Governor's official "holiday tree" lighting. This will take place at the state house and the Christmas tree is only being erected to promote the name "Christmas tree" this is clearly a religious term and the tree will be housed and maintained at The state house all of the cost to operate the tree electricity for lights etc. will be paid for by the taxpayer. This is clearly a state funded religious display. The very reason it was erected was so that it would be called by its religious label rather than a secular one.

As many of you know I Challenged Costa when she first proposed her resoulution you can read more about this here

http://www.facebook.c...­
I asked her 7 questions she refused to answer

1. Which portion of the state of federal constitution allows you to submit a resolution that dictates what people will call a holiday decoration?

2. Why is it OK for you to submit anything based on a whim?

3. Does submitting things on a whim line up with the tea party philosophy?

4. Does submitting things based on your religious belief system line up with the tea party philosophy?

5. Does submitting things without allowing people time to read the material line up with the tea party philosophy?

6. Is it an effective use of the people’s house, time and money to reconsider a resolution that has no basis in the constitution?

7. Why would you make your first submission improperly?

In addition Costa talks about the need to save money, so who will pay for the electric bill etc.

With that said I am also against the Holiday tree, and cresh that will be erected as part of the state display.

we need to show up a protest BOTH displays! I am willing to organize this. Who would come with me, we will need to meet to make signs and write up a statement of purpose any one on board