|Sent on:||Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:48 AM|
Job Title Manager, Java Application Development
When you join Emdeon, you'll not only work with a team of more than 2,000 dedicated, diverse, and highly talented professionals, you'll become a member of a fast growing, billion-dollar company. We strike that fine balance of working for a large, financially strong, and stable company while maintaining an entrepreneurial environment.
We're not just another IT company. Emdeon is a leading provider of business, technology and information solutions that transform both the financial and clinical aspects of healthcare delivery. Our employees are not merely average, either! They are highly qualified and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage, and challenge each other every day. We have high expectations of performance, and every individual and team can truly make a difference at Emdeon. Contributions are highly visible, acknowledged, and rewarded across the company.
Organization Name Enterprise Technology Solutions
The Enterprise Technology Solutions team is responsible for building the company enterprise platform based on SOA principle. The team is highly involved in analyzing, designing, and recommending and implementing architecture, applications, process improvement, and standards. The team goal is to drive the business to a more efficient model of product development and maintenance so that the company can compete and sustain the highest competitive growth rate. This goal is accomplished by unifying many parts of the business, centralizing core technical/business functions and making these core capabilities available to applications and products throughout the organization.
Brief Posting Description
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to help lead a diverse development team responsible for mission-critical applications that touch all aspects of our enterprise. This is a strategic role that has the ability to greatly impact the performance of the company. This position will require a passionate, assertive and very hard working individual that is eager to take on new demanding challenges in a complex environment.
If you get excited by the thought of an opportunity where you not only can expand your personal success, but also expand the success of each individual team member, the overall success of your team, the success of your peers’ teams, the success of your company, and ultimately the overall success of healthcare in our country, then please continue reading and consider applying for this position.
· The manager must be able to lead a team of primarily Java application developers responsible for building and maintaining numerous software applications. The manager’s team will use various technologies and tools including Java/J2EE, JCAPS, Websphere Application Server, and JCAPS.
· The manager’s team is responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications and services consistent with established specifications and business requirements.
· Able to work effectively in both traditional Waterfall software development methodologies and Agile development methodology.
· Responsible for coordinating and supervising the daily activities of the technical development team.
· Accountable for the application solution architecture.
· Responsible for ensuring SDLC and environment configuration management processes are utilized.
· Responsible for helping to define and improve all processes followed by their team.
· Responsible for providing estimates and timelines for the development activities of their team.
· Required to work with product owners and end users to define business and technical requirements for the applications.
· Helping to lead the application, data and technical architecture analysis, design, and implementation, and ensure that the product fulfills the requirements.
· Responsible for building robust and easily maintainable applications.
· Able to work with the production support teams to plan how all applications will be migrated to and supported in production.
· The candidate will perform duties of the technical expert, with a thorough understanding of the business, systems and applications.
· Responsible for analyzing business requirements and procedures and thus help ensure that these requirements are valid, meet performance goals and that the technical direction is consistent.
· Responsible for designing, and building software solutions to develop and/or improve existing business processes.
· Responsible for the delivery of high quality software releases on aggressive schedules.
· Continuously review the application design and technical deliverables of the team throughout the development process to ensure completeness, consistency, quality and requirement traceability.
· Ensure development standards are followed, including code reviews and unit testing.
· Assist in the scheduling and coordinating of projects for other team members.
· Accountable for all standard management responsibilities within the group, including but not limited to time tracking, attendance planning and tracking, performance goal setting, conducting performance reviews, mentoring team members, direct the professional direction of team members, and generally encouraging team excellence.
· Minimum education is Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or related). Masters degree preferred.
· 3+ years of professional experience in software development management overseeing small to medium sized teams.
· 5+ years of additional hands-on software development experience developing J2EE applications, preferably with strong Oracle database development skills, web/portal development skills, and SOA/ESB development skills.
· Experience with following will be a significant plus: Spring Framework, STRUTS, Hibernate, JUNIT, Websphere Application Server, Oracle, JCAPS, LDAP.
· Solid understanding of Relational Database Modeling.
· Experience working in traditional waterfall SDLC and Agile methodology.
· Project Management experience is a plus.
· Strong mentoring/coaching skills with a proven track record of rapidly bringing talent up to speed and optimizing the team’s quality and quantity of work.
· Role requires significant multi-tasking, a broad perspective and conceptual analytical thinking to solve ambiguous problems.
· Ability to interface across the organization.
· Good communication skills to effectively represent technical issues with internal and external, technical and non-technical teams.
· May need to work flexible hours and stay up-to-date with competing technologies.
· Healthcare knowledge about HIPAA, PHI and other industry standards as well as knowledge about Claims, ERAs, 835s and other health care terms is a strong plus.
Emdeon offers a vast array of benefits for its employees, including but not limited to the following:
· Medical, Dental and Vision care
· Life Insurance
· 401k plan
· Employee Tuition Reimbursement
· Employee Assistance Plan
For consideration, please apply online for[masked] at www.emdeon.com/careers. If you experience technical difficulties applying to our website, please contact [address removed].
Emdeon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Emdeon is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law or ethics.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender by return email and delete this message. Thank you.