align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Atlanta Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › What are your wishes for when you die?

What are your wishes for when you die?

A former member
Post #: 29
A discussion more on topic and less controversial than my last ones, I hope biggrin

Almost all religious traditions have ceremonies to mark the end of a person's life. Should the freethought community have similar ceremonies? What sort of things should they be sure to include? What sorts of things should be avoided? I have always said it does not matter to me as I will be beyond caring, but suggested throw a party, then take my ashes someplace you would like to go and have some fun. Organ donations from me to whoever they can help.
Danny
dbarrs
Roswell, GA
Post #: 114
Some of us are working on this , Allen. I hope to be able to announce something by the end of April.
Carolyn M.
user 53143062
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 9
Of course, I want to be remembered, at least by a few of those I leave behind. It's natural for me while I am living to desire that. After I am gone I won't care. It's now in the present I care. That being said, what I want now for my lasting departure is indeed a ceremony (ceremonies always put a period on the end of a sentence) with a couple of tunes messaging for my beloveds and to have my ashes scattered on the grounds of the High Museum, next to Rodin's Shade.
Then let me go.
Judith M.
JudithMoore
Fayetteville, GA
Post #: 22
Sky burial. Buzzard food. Fastest return to life.
A former member
Post #: 34
That's great Danny, will be interested to see what you come up with. As was said, this is more for the ones who are still alive, not for the deceased.
April
user 94199352
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
When I die, I'm going to be an organ donor and then cremated. I want my personal possessions to go to family members of my choosing (refer to will).
I want my family to have a gathering for me but not involve the clergy. That may be a hard thing to negotiate as they are all deeply religious and I'm the only one who isn't. They may feel compelled to pray me out of hell.