Atlanta Jaspersoft User Group Message Board › Determine version of Reporting that's being used.

Determine version of Reporting that's being used.

Craig W.
user 116069982
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
We are currently using version 4.5.1 but exactly what I'm interested in is, within the files that reside in the folders, is there a file that provides the version that is being ran? For example, if I were to right click and bring up Properties and click on the Version tab, is there a file that exists that would give me version 4.5.1? Is there a file where the contents list the version number of Reporting that's being used?

Thank you for your help.

craig
Sam F.
SamFriedman
Alpharetta, GA
Post #: 8
Short answer is that there is no guaranteed way to explicitly identify the version of the JasperReports Library that the report developer had in mind when the JRXML files was created. That information is not stored in the JRXML file unless the developer decides to include it in some way. They typically do not. Remember, JRXMLs can be created not only by iReport (or Studio) but also by text editors, XML editors, other programs, etc... And, the version of JR is not part of the XML. However, if you know the tools well enough you can make an educate guess - based on when new features are introduced and whether the developer decided to use them. Or, by some new tags that were added like UUID in version 4.something.