The Weather Channel is going to hire a full time Android Developer. Please email your resume to me if you're interested! [address removed]
No agencies please. US Candidates only please.
I. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Weather Channel, LLC is looking for a software developer for our Mobile Development team to help design and develop mobile applications for Android devices. This is the perfect opportunity to take your Android development skills to a new level, requiring a combination of sound algorithm design, performance tuning and overall extensibility. You will be working on world-class applications that are used by millions of consumers - running on the wide variety of Android devices ranging from phones and tablets to consoles and GoogleTV.
The Weather Channel, LLC owns the most prolific suite of weather applications in the mobile world and continues to define the path of application development in the mobile space.
II. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Take part or lead the design and development of new Android software applications.
2. Help maintain existing Android software applications through product enhancements, performance improvements, and increasing scalability.
3. Act as subject matter expert for assigned Mobile applications.
4. Help refine the quality of the user experience of our Android applications.
1. Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required.
2. Minimum 3 years Object Oriented programming experience.
3. Minimum 2 year experience developing, designing, and implementing mobile content, applications and/or web sites.
4. Experience working directly with end-users, analyzing problems/issues, and proposing solutions to customers, and internal technical planners.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Fluent in JAVA, with experience building and deploying Android applications.
2 Experience in profile guided optimization
3. Must have experience with mobile SDKs and emulators.
4. Self-motivated and able to work without hand-holding, with strong pride of ownership and a nose for bad code.
5. Experienced in performance tuning.
7. Comfortable with application design based on both thick and thin-client models.
9. Experienced working in team development environments with Subversion. Knowledge of eclipse is a benefit.
10. An excellent problem-solver, with the ability to distill problems down to one or two key questions.
11. Comfortable in an iterative, test-driven development model.
1. Unquestionable ethical standards.
2. Responsible, self-motivated to work with minimum supervision while coordinating the work and skill of both direct reports and team members.
3. Team player and calm under pressure.
4. High energy level and physical stamina for deadline driven projects.
5. Highly creative, with ability to work within pragmatic boundaries.
6. Ability to interface between creative, technical and senior level professionals.
7. Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing environment.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant
The Weather Channel