Atlanta Nodejs Developers Message Board › NodeJS & SysAdmin "Fill-in Role" for November

NodeJS & SysAdmin "Fill-in Role" for November

Tom M.
merrihew
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 2
Good afternoon everyone,

I wasn't quite sure how to title this post, but here's the explainer... I'm the sole Node.js and SysAdmin person for our startup Gather (gatherhere.com). We build web-based software that is used by restaurants to manage their private dining operations, and used by consumers to book events at those restaurants. However, I am going to be out of the country for two weeks in November (11/11 - 11/22) on my honeymoon, and internet access is going to be an issue (plus my future wife might kill me if I work on our honeymoon).

So we're trying to find someone that knows Node.js (and has some experience with the rest of our stack - Ubuntu running on EC2, Nginx, Mongo, Redis) that can provide critical technical support in my absence. Our production system is pretty resilient, but two weeks is a long time to be without technical coverage.

We would pay on a contract basis, including the time for me to walk you through our setup, a retainer for being "on call" during those two weeks, and an hourly rate beyond the retainer. It's remote work and is definitely not a 24/7 commitment, it's really being available to help during operating hours. You would only be contacted if the rest of our staff cannot handle the issue --- you would not be contacted by any clients and would only be called for "critical" issues. There's a good chance that you could never get a call and be paid the retainer just for making the commitment!

If anyone is interested and wants to discuss further, please shoot me an email. Thanks in advance!

Tom Merrihew
tom@gatherhq.com