addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Dennis H.
user 52518602
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 1
Has anyone and any experience with the Sony A57 camera and if so what is your thoughts thanks?
Dean S.
user 20567501
Group Organizer
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 4
Hello Dennis,

When purchasing a camera, what type of subject you want to shoot should be highly considered. Image quality, especially at higher ISO's and lens options should be considered as well.

I have not had personal shooting experience with this camera but I did take a look at the features, specifications and image quality. For the price, it's a pretty impressive camera. You'll get a lot of the same features and more than are included in higher priced DSLR's like the Canon Rebel T4 for a few hundred dollars less. The image quality seems to be almost on par with the Rebel though I do think the Rebel T4 is slightly better. The major drawback with the A57 would be slightly higher noise levels at high ISO's and limited lens choice compared to Canon and Nikon. Although Sony offers Zeiss lenses which are excellent, there is a limited variety and what's available can be very expensive.

If you are into sports, wildlife, or plan to work under low-light a lot, you may want to consider Canon or Nikon. They have a variety of lenses that will help you achieve great results with these subjects without as much noise as the Sony seems to produce at the same ISO settings sometimes necessary for this type of shooting. If you are a landscape, portrait, or macro shooter, you should be happy with the Sony A57.

I hope this helps a little. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best,
Dean