Atlanta Technical Analyst Society Message Board › Feedback requested

Feedback requested

Peter M
user 9285139
Atlanta, GA
One suggestion at the previous meeting was to include both basic and advanced Technical Analysis presentations. The core group is an experienced group of investors and traders with a cumulative experience level that could be about 987 years of trading experience. The number is quite large and it is no conincidence that 987 is a fiboacci number. :)

I suggest we include a short 5-15 minute presentation on basic Technical Analysis at each meeting before the two main presentations.

Here are the first 5 suggested topics:

1. Defining Technical Analysis (TA)

2. Value of Technical Analysis (Goal of TA and why it works)

3. Chart Construction

4. Types of Charts (Line, OHLC)

5. Candlesticks Basics

6. Chart Scaling (Arithmetic, Log, Volume)

You get the idea. Perhaps a topic can be covered in 5 minutes. Generally the presentation can be covered on 2-5 pages/slides. The presentation can be covered by a current presenter or an other person with the assistance of a presenters equipment so we do not need to break for setup and breakdown of equipment.

I have 17 presentations ready to go. It is important that we stay on schedule and these short presentations are quick so we can still get out of the meeting at a reasonable hour. I believe this will add additional value to our meetings. Please post feedback.