Atlanta Skeptics Message Board › Reason Rally: Sat 3/24/2012 in DC

Reason Rally: Sat 3/24/2012 in DC

A former member
Post #: 36
I just found this on YouTube and I thought it could be good to spread the voice:
http://www.youtube.co...­
http://reasonrally.or...­

From their website:

"The Reason Rally is a movement-wide event sponsored by the country’s major secular organizations. The intent is to unify, energize, and embolden secular people nationwide, while dispelling the negative opinions held by so much of American society… and having a damn good time doing it!"

"The purpose of this particular rally will be to advance secularism (in the broadest sense of the word) in society."

Speakers include: Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Taslima Nasrin, James Randi, Bad Religion.

Listed sponsors: American Atheists, American Humanist Association, Atheist Alliance of America, Camp Quest, Center for Inquiry, Freethought Society, Military Atheists and Freethinkers, Secular Coalition for America, Secular Student Alliance, Society for Humanistic Judaism, Stiefel Freethought Foundation, The Brights, The James Randi Educational Foundation, The Richard Dawkins Foundation, United COR.
Derek C.
user 9027457
Roswell, GA
Post #: 3
Yea, Dave Silverman did a big presentation about this at Dragon*Con Skeptrack this year. Wish I could find a way to make it work out so I could make it.
A former member
Post #: 49
In case fellow skeptics and freethinkers are wondering how to get to the Rally, here's a link on bus transportation from Atlanta: Atlanta-DC Bus
Right now it's 95 a person (till 2/23), but they're currently offering a 50 percent discount: Bus Ticket Discount

The bus leaves Fri 3/23 at 8.34pm, drives overnight to be in DC at 9am on 3/24, then leaves DC the same day at 9pm to be back to Atlanta Sun at 9.25am. I'll be sleeping on a bus 2 nights, but it's going to be worth it if I get the opportunity to stand up and show I exist (and possibly tell politicians that I am fed up with religions meddling with politics).
Right now they say they need only 9 more people to confirm the bus - it was 40 people 3-4 weeks ago.
Let's make this happen!
A former member
Post #: 52
Right now they say they need only 9 more people to confirm the bus
We're almost there!
It's now Mon 2/20 @ 5pm and they need just 5 more people to confirm the bus!