Atlanta Skeptics Message Board › Amateur Scientist Podcast report

Amateur Scientist Podcast report

A former member
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to say that between the registrations and the auctions on Saturday night, we took in an amazing $740!

From where I was sitting, the event appeared to be a huge success. Big thanks to everyone who came out.

Special thanks to a few groups:

• Manuel's Tavern (pronounced MAN-you-elz). They are always very accommodating, particularly last night when we put up the giant lights and moved everything around.

• Speaking of the giant lights, big thanks as usual to Mark Ditzler and Abrupt Media for setting up the lights, cameras, speakers, and live streaming.

• Sean Faircloth, executive director of the Secular Coalition for America in D.C. He spent a few minutes telling us about what his group is working on with the government, and a lot more minutes looking for people to go to karaoke :)

• Those people who came from far away to join in last night, including Jenny Wadley, Steve DeGroof, and Nicole Gugliucci. They put in a lot of driving.

• Surly Amy and Steve DeGroof for donating auction items. Very generous, guys, and much appreciated!

• Everyone who joined us online. There are lots of options on a Saturday night other than watching a skeptical event. For example, the SyFy channel was showing something called Dinoshark which I have to assume was six kinds of awesome.

• Special guests Blake Smith and Lindsay Starke. I don't know what would compel either a cryptozoology enthusiast or a conspiracy theory expert away from Dinoshark, but thank you both for agreeing.

• And of course, a big thanks to The Amateur Scientist himself, Brian Thompson. It's a long drive, especially when you have to go through Tuscaloosa. TWICE.

Most importantly, thanks to all of you who registered, came out, donated, and bid on the auction. You guys were amazing!

Christian

P.S. - Those of you who wanted to pay for your auction items via PayPal, please send it to atlantaskeptics.org. If you would prefer to not use PayPal, let me know and we'll work something else out.