5K Course is a USATF certified Peachtree Road Race qualifier for 2014 and uses Chip Timing. The course has flat to rolling hills on tree lined roads around the park with downhill finish inside beautiful Lenox Park over the dam. Download a course map here.
AWARDS FOR 5K RUN:
Prizes will be awarded to overalls, masters, and to the top female and male finishers in nine age groups. Awards will be given to the Top 3 Dogs crossing the finish line.
START TIMES: 5K Run starts at 7:30 am. 1 Mile Fun Run starts at 8:45 am.
LOCATION: Lenox Park in Buckhead (Free parking adjacent to the park at 2180 Lake Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319)
5K: Fee includes Tech T-shirt (for early bird registrants) and a goodie bag
$25 Early Bird through August 17
$30 between August 18 and 23
$35 day of event
1-Mile Fun Run: Fee includes Regular T-shirt (guaranteed only if registered by August 17) and a goodie bag
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Online at active.com
- By mail: download a form here
- At packet pickup on August 23rd at 2180 Lake Blvd NE, Atlanta, 30319 (Lenox Park)
- In person on day of event
HELP SPREAD THE WORD: Download and print an event poster or flyer (coming soon). (Put one up at work or in your neighborhood and try to recruit a team!)
PACKET PICK-UP: On Friday, August 23 at 2180 Lake Blvd NE, Atlanta, 30319 (in Lenox Park) between 5 pm and 8 pm, or 6 am-7 am on race day
- Park at 2180 Lake Blvd. NE, Atlanta, 30319
- Take I-85 to Exit 89 (North Druid Hills Rd)
- Go north on North Druid Hills Rd NE
- At the Y in the road, bear left onto E Roxboro Rd NE
- After 0.6 miles, turn right onto Lake Blvd
- Go 0.2 miles to the 2180 (AT&T) Building on your right after 0.2 miles
For your dog’s safety, and to make this event enjoyable for all, participants must abide by the rules listed below. We encourage the participation of dogs that are accustomed to regular exercise and are well adjusted to crowds and noisy environments with large numbers of people and other dogs.
1. Dog must be current on all shots and rabies vaccination.
2. Dog must wear an ID Tag.
3. No dogs in heat and no aggressive dogs.
4. Dog must be leashed (6ft. max length) & in control. No retractable leashes please.
5. You must pick up after your dog. Disposable bags and water will be provided
6. A participant can have no more than two dogs under his or her control. Children must be at least 13 years old to participate with a dog without adult supervision.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Is the registration fee per person or per dog?
The registration fee is per person. You may bring more than one dog but they must be under control at all times.
2. Can I participate without a dog?
Please do join us and have fun with or without a dog.
3. I can’t attend Walk, Wag, N’ Run but would still like to make a donation to help the animals. Can I do that?
If you are unable to attend the event you may make a tax deductible donation of any amount here. Even if you cannot attend you may register as a Phantom Runner for $30 and receive a t-shirt and dog bandana.
4. Can I buy extra t-shirts?
Any remaining t-shirts will be available for purchase at the registration table after the races conclude.
5. If I register on-line or by mail, how do I pick up my t-shirt?
You may pick up your t-shirt at the Registration booth on the day of the event.
6. Why is it important that I be on time for the start of the 5K run or fun run?
The 5K begins promptly at 7:30 and the fun run at 8:45. If you want to start with the others, you will need to be on time. For course monitoring and safety reasons, those who are late may not be permitted to participate.
7. Where can I park?
On the day of the event free parking (without permit) will be available at the parking structure at 2180 Lake Blvd, the AT&T Bldg. Free parking is allowed in the parking structure only. Cars parked in other Lenox Park lots may be towed. There is no street parking available.
8. Why should I support Ahimsa House?
Every dollar Ahimsa House raises goes to a great cause. Ahimsa House is Georgia's only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing the links between animal cruelty and domestic violence, and to helping the human and animal victims of domestic violence reach safety together. To date, Ahimsa House has provided more than 27,000 nights of emergency safe shelter for animal victims of domestic violence across Georgia. We also provide veterinary care, transportation of pets to safety, a 24-hour crisis line, guidance on pet safety planning, legal advocacy to help owners protect their pets via the court system, financial assistance with pet deposits in transitional housing, expert testimony and consultation in the prosecution of cases involving animal cruelty and domestic violence, and community outreach and professional agency cross-training on understanding the role of pets in domestic violence. We serve all 159 counties of Georgia with a staff of only three and with zero government funding. More than 80% of donations directly support the animals. By choosing to participate in Walk, Wag, N' Run, you can be a vital part of this effort and have fun at the same time.
9. Can I volunteer at Walk, Wag N’ Run?
Of course. If you are interested in volunteering, email Carole Baker.
Have more questions? Contact Carole Baker.
We're inviting you to be a sponsor for Ahimsa House’s annual Walk, Wag, ‘N Run event, which includes a 5K run and a 1 mile fun run. Sponsorship is an opportunity to show your community that you're making a positive difference in our area.
Be the leader of the pack and join this great four-legged cause to help the human and animal victims of domestic violence. Check out the Sponsorship Form to find out the great sponsor benefits.
In-Kind Sponsors: Your business may donate 600 gift certificates or other gifts for the goodie bags and you will receive recognition at the event and your Logo and link on our website (25,000 visits annually). Contact Carole Baker if you are interested in learning more about this.
$100 "Junior Showman" sponsorships are designed for those individuals who want to play a major role in ensuring that the animal and human victims of domestic violence reach safety together. Download the Sponsorship Form for more information.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!