addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Vegetarian & Vegan Group Message Board The Veggie Spot › the I'LL FIND YOU A VEGAN ALTERNATIVE!! thread

the I'LL FIND YOU A VEGAN ALTERNATIVE!! thread

Pamela D
user 3289256
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 21
Hi Flo. So you're behind some of the gorgeous bags I've seen at Cosmos! biggrin

Good for you for giving up cheese and dairy in general. I thought it would be hard for me to do so, but once I learned that the dairy industry is actually just as cruel, and in many respects, more cruel than the meat industry (dairy animals ARE slaughtered just like meat animals, contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, and eating dairy also directly supports the veal industry), that was it. Sure, I still craved cheese for a little while after I stopped eating it, but you know something, those were not "cravings" in the typical sense. Those were feelings of not wanting to have to change my habits... of wanting my old, traditional way of eating back... of wondering what I'd do at family gatherings... etc.

Some temporary inconvenience to me is nothing compared to what those animals are subjected to. It's a no brainer.

Ok there's my speech for the day. smile
A former member
Post #: 1
What's a good vegetarian hot dog or bratwurst alternative?
A former member
Post #: 110
A former member
Post #: 2
What's a good vegetarian hot dog or bratwurst alternative?

I like Smart Dogs. But if you're still eating eggs and dairy, the Morningstar Farms corndogs are really good! I miss eating those, but I went vegan back in July, so no more of those. I did err recently, though, and felt sort of guilty... I bought some Smart Sausages, the chorizo style, at Whole Foods just before Thanksgiving, not checking the label, assuming they were vegan, and yet they contain "Powdered egg whites". I really wish they could leave the egg whites out of the meat analogs - there must be an alternative to that "binder"?
A former member
Post #: 5
Thought I'd start us out....

Though I am vegetarian, I've been exploring my vegan options as of late. I may actually do it completely! But I need help!

Cheese is my weakness!! What about cheese curls and puffs?

Cheese is a definite weakness of mine. I've done away with eggs, milk, and yogurt and now opt for soy replacements and almond milk. I cannot find a decent reproduction of cheese...either in chips or in a shredded variety.

Help!!!
A former member
Post #: 1
In response to Rebecca's post about her cats...

John seemed to provide some insightful advice.

I myself am vegan, but I am not going to punish my cat for nature's decisions. As indicated by John, kitties depend on meat to acquire essential proteins and nutrients Which they are unable to synthesize. This indicates to me that nature intended that they should eat meat. They are unable to make a conscious choice intellectually or biologically, whereas we homo sapiens have the ability to make a conscious decision.

I would give your kitties and yourself the benefit of the doubt in this case. Simply ensure that they are allowed to live the healthiest they can be.