NOTE: This is a two day event. We will meet at Tech Shop on both Saturday 8/23 and Sunday 8/24, from noon to 4pm. You are welcome to just come Saturday, but please let us know so we can plan accordingly.
Given the number of new Clojurists in the group, now would be a great time to break out our group license for the LispCast Introduction to Clojure videos. There are three videos, each one with exercises. The plan is to cover them in two 4-hour sessions, leaving lots of time for to work on the projects and get help. (the video content will be about 20% of the class, the rest will be code/learn time)
• Everyone is welcome - no Clojure experience is necessary. This first class is for absolute beginners. We'll have more advanced classes later.
• You should bring your own laptop. You'll need to install Java and leiningen before the class. Setup instructions are at our github.
• We'll have food and drink available on both days. (probably pizza, feedback is welcome)
• If you already know Clojure and would like to help, you are encouraged to come help. (Or, you can work on your own Clojure projects on the side)
• If you'd like your own copy of the videos for future reference, use coupon code AUSTIN at PurelyFunctional.tv.