Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board › Change of plans

Change of plans

Torsten W.
twtx61
Austin, TX
There was a wildfire out of control in the area we were going to ride in. One of the ride organizers, Cindy, had to evacuate her home due to another wildfire in Steiner Ranch.

I'd like to propose a ride leaving from the Scooter's Coffee House out Ronald Reagan to 3405 and back instead. It's a simple out and back that many of you have probably done before.
A former member
Post #: 3
The fire had part of our route closed, but everthing is open now. Having said that, my guess is that emergency vehicles will be patrolling for hotspots, and there is a lot of vehicle traffic (like me) out looking at the fire damage. So all in all, finding a different day for this ride makes sense. I hope all is well with Cindy.

I did the Scooters route yesterday, so I am going to pull out.... I look forward to seeing everyone on the rescheduled Pville ride or another one.

On note related to the fire, there were firetrucks from all over (I passed one from Westlake FD), and two Starflight helicopters involved - a big thanks to all those people that put their safety on the line for the rest of us. I am not aware of any structures being lost, though I saw where the fire burned up to someone's back fence and within yards of a church.
A former member
Post #: 2
That sounds really logical to me Torsten....hopefully Allison agrees and can make change to the page. I think it's best to stay out of that area, there is always the chance of more flareups with this wind. Scooters ride will give us that blessed tailwind on the way South tomorrow....
A former member
Post #: 3
4 of my friends will be riding out of Scooter's (next to the Sonic at Parmer and 620) at 8am, hope that works for some people....see you then....