addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Cycling Meetup Message Board Austin Bicycling Meetup Discussion Forum › About the Steiner Ranch Steakhouse brunch after Sunday rides

About the Steiner Ranch Steakhouse brunch after Sunday rides

Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Hi, guys,

Thanks to the efforts of my one and only trusted waiter at Steiner Ranch (Nate), as well as a crack hostess (Lauren) we have a RESERVED table inside for after the ride this month. They assured me that the temps and wind would make the patio inhospitable but even offered to move us out there if the weather gets nice and it's what we want.

This will make a HUGE difference in our enjoyment of brunch. MANY of you have experienced the spotty and at times downright awful service at SRS. And for a place of this caliber it really ruins the experience to wait 30 minutes on a drink or to place an order or to get the bill right. I never have these problems if I ask for Nate.

Some things to remember that will help me out:

1) Please let me know your plans tomorrow about staying for brunch so that I can make sure our table is large enough to accommodate us.

2) Be sure to ask for "Allison's table" or look for a "Reserved" sign for Austin Cycling Meetup if you get back to the restaurant before I do - which you surely will!

3) Please be sure to tip our waiter for the full amount of the tab (before the 50% discount).

And if you're a patron of SRS other than on Sunday rides please use the free system at OPENTABLE.com to book a reservation and ask for Nate's section. All positive feedback from Steiner Ranch patrons on that site ensures the hard working server gets a reward.

My enjoyment of Steiner Ranch Steakhouse has skyrocketed since I've isolated Nate as my preferred waiter. I hope you all have a great time tomorrow, too! I know I will...

Thanks,

Allison
A former member
Post #: 9
I'd like to join you guys but I'm a gluten-free vegetarian. I called ahead and they said they can accommodate me, but I would have to ask the waiter for specifics. With such a large group, I'd hate to be a pain and slow things down. Could you pass this information along to your waiter so they know to be prepared?? Oh I'm allergic to peanuts too sad

If it's too much trouble I'll just pack a smoothie or something.

Thanks
Allison
Allison1229
Austin, TX
Post #: 163
Hi, Suzie,

I just noted this! SRS (as well as most any quality restaurant in town that I frequent) almost always has GF and Veggie options. Their eggs, fruit plates, salads, and more all qualify. I think what they meant was just to ask the waiter what GF options they have. They have a pretty big menu so your needs shouldn't be hard to meet. Don't let this keep you from coming next time!

Allison