|Sent on:||Friday, November 5, 2010 10:31 AM|
This is a “hands-on” software development management position: must lead by example, demonstrating proficiency in the architecture and development of enterprise class systems software
· Provide overall hands-on technical leadership, architecture and technical risk management for enterprise applications development. The role is a combination, of hands-on architecture, development, and project and personnel leadership.
· Lead technical enterprise architecture using multiple architectural views, design patterns, data models, and conceptual models of the proposed solution
· Ensure the creation and implementation of a clear and consistent technical vision for the product roadmap.
· Track and resolve issues where the code deviates from the technical vision, and ensure the technical success of each project.
· Delegate technical work to team members and assist in managing work assignments for the technical team.
· Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Network Operations the deployments to the production environments.
· Analyze situations and review business problems, propose solutions, and scope the level of technical effort.
· Act as a point of escalation if technical problems arise in the assigned account(s); personally troubleshoot and lead resolution of complex technical issues.
· Act as a technical liaison between technical and non-technical team members.
· Guide/mentor members of the technology team to timely resolution of difficult technical issues/challenges, performing code reviews as necessary.
· Collaborate with other discipline project leads on cross-discipline requirements, hand-offs, milestones and deliverables; Collaborates with program management and quality assurance to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for projects.
· Track industry trends on relevant existing and emerging technologies and practices.
· Ten years' experience in enterprise software design and development, with a minimum five years' experience designing enterprise applications using Microsoft .NET Development (C#). J2EE-based systems design for high-availably enterprise class systems considered a plus.
· Five years leading small teams of software engineers. Experience working with, or leading, outsource development teams an advantage for this role (experience with distributed development teams would be viewed very favorably)
· Experience with Agile processes such as XP and Scrum. Formal Scrum training considered a big plus (Scrum Master an outstanding attribute for this role).
· Strong experience with project scoping, estimation and resource scheduling. Experience managing project schedules and resources
· Understanding of design patterns and ability to solve complex technical design challenges
· Experience using Webservice technology to host a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) service. Deep understanding of XML and SOAP related technologies.
· Experience in delivery Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or Business-to-Business (B2B) solutions essential.
· HTML Design for end-user facing website highly desired. Usage of Crystal Reports for end-user reporting a plus.
· Experience with IIS with light administrative skills
· Demonstrated experience in unit test formation and strategies.
· Strong understanding of relational database design and development with specific experience using and developing with MS SQL Server, including use Stored Procedures to fulfill business processing knowledge.
· Scalable enterprise architecture design and development. Knowledge of multi-tiered software design targeting scalable systems processing many tens of thousands transactions daily.
· Knowledge of the OSI Network Model and TCP/IP communications Understanding of network infrastructure requirements to architect systems (software and hardware) for high availability, failover, and scalability.
· Experience with Machine-to-Machine Technologies (M2M) considered a bug plus.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required. A Master's degree is a plus.
Required Personal Skills
+ Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and quality
+ Excellent written and oral communication skills
+ Strong team attitude a must
+ Ability to lead and mentor team members
+ Some domestic and possibly international travel required
Qualified candidates, please email resume to [address removed]. US Citizen or Green Card holders only please. Thank you.
Luna Data Solutions, Inc.
Join our mailing list to receive info on current job opportunities!
This email message originally included an attachment.