Beers, soft drinks and water provided.
- Pre-talk social time, start talks by 7:30
- Recap of last meetup
- Rules of engagement for new attendees
- API-related jobs available from members
- Post-talks social time
James Higginbotham, CTO, EvoSure
Moving from API Design to Deployment
Designing and building APIs extends far beyond the RESTful interface. It requires thoughtful consideration about how you will draw the lines between capabilities vs optimizations, consume third-party APIs, and implement your cloud deployment strategy.
In this talk, we'll look at EvoSure's lightweight service oriented architecture, including:
- Designing internal APIs while optimizing for UX
- Testing our API from the outside-in- Handling our external API integration strategy for a better UX- Moving from Heroku to AWS using CloudFormation, native EC2 servers, Chef, and custom scripts to meet business requirements- Using Fluentd, the log aggregator, as the backbone of our event-driven strategy
James Higginbotham is the CTO of EvoSure, where he contributes both as an API/cloud architect and developer. He has been a software architect and consultant for a variety of organizations in Austin since 1996, ranging from large corporations to early stage startups. He is the author of a variety of books, including his most recent with Keith Casey: A Practical Approach to API Design.