Welcome to the Austin Korean Language and Culture Group! This meetup is all about socializing with people who have a common interest in the Korean Language and Culture.
Our group is a unique and Fun group!!!
We have more active members than ever, since this group was found back in 2011. Our goal is to continue growing as new members sign up each week. We strive to have a variety of events and different activities each week throughout the month.
To those who just joined Austin Korean Language and Culture Group; we have several events and we have been organizing on a consistent basis are:
1) KPOP - for those who love K-POP, we have a night out least once a month at Elysium 7th and Red River St. <br>As you know KPOP is becoming more popular globally and more people seems to be Loving it. <br>If you have Any questions about it, Jackie Sue is in charge of all KPOP and organizing SWSX events.
2) KDrama - for those KDrama lovers, we get together to watch short series. <br>Instead of watching KDRAMA by yourself, we decided to watch as a group. We order in food, go eat out afterward or go to a place where we can watch. <br>If you have any questions on the KDrama event, Sydney is an Organizer. To go along with these event, we do have few addition events you'll see which is K-Movies and Asian Cinema.
3) KMovies- It's not a series of KDrama you watch but different genres of Korean movies we watch. Some people are more into watching movies instead of dramas, which some never know when to stop watching. *-)
4) Asian Cinema- It's basically more variety of Asian movies, which are based on Asian ethnicity, which brings more interesting views for someone who is interested in more than KDrama/KMovies. <br>If you have any questions on both of these, <br>Joseph is an Organizer for the KMovies; <br>and Leng is an Organizer for the Asian Cinema.
What else is there for you to come to our events?
5) Korean Language and Culture! <br>There has been a lot of people who are interested in learning Korean launguage. So, bi-weekly on Sunday we have launguage exchange class at north Central market. <br>We usually have a large turn out. <br>If you have any questions Tiffany is an Organizer/Teacher.
6) Korean food!!! <br>We always like eating or drinking! Its the biggest part about this group. We always eat Korean food, pretty much on every event, It's healthy and unique food. It's one of the biggest part of Korean meetup even though, if you haven't tried korean food, you'll differently find something you like. <br>If you have any questions, Herb is an Organizer.
For some of you who enjoy singing & drinking, this is the perfect night for you. <br>We usually go eat Korean food before this event. <br>If you have any questions, Sydney and Herb are Organizers. 8) We do participate in other events; "meet and greet", bowling, playing cards (go stop) or board games, drinking (soju), korean spa, watch world cup, other sports event, Yoga (new event), Austin Korean School (new event) and many more... feel free to give us your ideas and do please participate many events.
Please!!! RSVP, if you know you can participate. But also, Please!!! If you can't participate undo your RSVP or don't RSVP. Why? this is very important because we need an accurate count to be able to prepare for our events. :-)
Our meetup is not free, unfortunately, but we do have few sponsors who are sponsoring our group. <br>We like to Thank all of the Sponsors and individuals who pitch in for this group. :-) <br>We are looking for more support from everyone, more sponsors, and Please donate what you can. $10-$15 minimum will be appreciate it. it will be good investment. :-)
New members, we invite you to participate on our event "meet and greet", this event is to get together with new and current members.
Thanks! Everyone for participating this group.
Song <br>Organizer - AKL&C
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:30 PM
Friday, October 9, 2015 7:00 PM
Saturday, October 17, 2015 9:00 AM
Monday, October 26, 2015 7:00 PM
Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:30 PM
Wednesday, November 4, 2015 6:30 PM
Friday, November 6, 2015 11:30 AM
Saturday, November 14, 2015 12:00 PM
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:30 PM
Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:15 AM
Monday, November 23, 2015 7:00 PM
Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:30 PM
Friday, December 4, 2015 11:30 AM
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:30 PM
Thursday, December 17, 2015 11:15 AM
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders