Welcome to the Austin Korean Language and Culture Group! This meetup is all about socializing with people who have a common interest in the Korean Language and Culture.
Our group is a unique and Fun group!!!
We have more active members than ever, since this group was founded back in 2011. Our goal is to continue growing as new members sign up each week. We strive to have a variety of events and different activities each week throughout the month.
To those who just joined Austin Korean Language and Culture Group; we have several events and we have been organizing on a consistent basis:
1) KPOP - for those who love K-POP, we have a night out least once a month at Elysium 7th and Red River St.
As you know KPOP is becoming more popular globally and more people seems to be Loving it.
2) KDrama - for those KDrama lovers, we get together to watch short series.
Instead of watching KDRAMA by yourself, we decided to watch as a group. We order in food, go eat out afterward or go to a place where we can watch.
To go along with these event, a few additional events you'll see are K-Movies and Asian Cinema.
3) KMovies- It's not a series of KDrama you watch but different genres of Korean movies we watch. Some people are more into watching movies instead of dramas, which some never know when to stop watching. *-)
4) Asian Cinema- It's basically more variety of Asian movies, which are based on Asian ethnicity, which brings more interesting views for someone who is interested in more than KDrama/KMovies.
What else is there for you to come to our events?
5) Korean Language and Culture!
There have been a lot of people who are interested in learning Korean language. So, bi-weekly on Sunday we have language exchange class at north Central market.
We usually have a large turn out.
6) Korean food!!!
We always like eating or drinking! It's the biggest part about this group. We always eat Korean food, pretty much on every event, It's healthy and unique food. It's of the biggest part of Korean meetup even though, if you haven't tried Korean food, you'll differently find something you like.
For some of you who enjoy singing & drinking, this is the perfect night for you.
We usually go eat Korean food before this event.
8) We do participate in other events; "meet and greet", bowling, playing cards (go stop) or board games, drinking (soju), korean spa, watch world cup, other sports event, Yoga (new event), Austin Korean School (new event) and many more... feel free to give us your ideas and participate in many events.
Please!!! RSVP, if you know you can participate. But also, Please!!! If you can't participate, undo your RSVP or don't RSVP. Why? This is very important because we need an accurate count to be able to prepare for our events. :-)
Our meetup is not free, unfortunately, but we do have a few sponsors who are sponsoring our group.
We like to thank all of the sponsors and individuals who pitch in for this group. :-)
We are looking for more support from everyone, more sponsors, and please donate what you can. :-)
New members, we invite you to participate on our event "meet and greet", this event is to get together with new and current members.
Thanks! Everyone for participating this group.
Organizer - AKL&C