addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Liberty Coalition Message Board › This is a VERY SERIOUS interview that EVERY AMERICAN should see....sadly hal

This is a VERY SERIOUS interview that EVERY AMERICAN should see....sadly half of you won't either..

Katie B.
KatieBrewer
Austin, TX
http://uk.youtube.com...­

What's it going to take?

Katie
A former member
Post #: 1
Could someone reply to WHO this woman is?

Her BIO...

"Wolf was born in San Francisco, California in 1962 of Jewish descent.[1] Her mother is Deborah Goleman who is an anthropologist and the author of "The Lesbian Community". [2] Her father, Leonard Wolf, is also an author. She attended Lowell High School and debated in regional speech tournaments as a member of the Lowell Forensic Society. She attended Yale University, where she received in 1984 her Bachelor of Arts in English literature; she was a Rhodes Scholar at New College, Oxford from 1985 to 1987.

Wolf was married to the former Clinton speechwriter David Shipley, with whom she has two children. Her daughter Rosa was born in 1995 and her son Joseph was born in 2000.[3] The two divorced in 2005."

From the above data, I'm thinking plant.... I agree with the situation, but her background leads me to believe there is another agenda here....
A former member
Post #: 2
Naomi Wolf would have a lot more credibility if she weren't a partisan hack. I think this woman actually believes that if Barack Hussein Obama gets elected he's going to ride in on a shining white horse and save the day.

Nonetheless that interview seemed to have a few words of wisdom that are worth paying attention to.
A former member
Post #: 5

I appreciate her approach, but one has to look deeper into the root cause of any political movement. The root cause the most fundamental view of right and wrong that people possess.

In Nazi Germany people were taught over 100 years time that reality is not real, and that the mind cannot grasp it. This led to Hegel (19th century German philosopher) saying: Du bist nichts. You are nothing.

Freedom also needs a philosophical defense. The most comprehensive defense of freedom is Objectivism which ties freedom to man's nature qua man.

To be more precise. Plato believed that the best nation is one in which the greatest number of people acted in the most similar way at the same moment. He didn't believe that reality was real, but he did believe that all men were a reflection of a single ideal, so the closer all men could come to this ideal, the more similar they would be at any given moment. He thought of mankind as the real being, but the individuals were nothing. Kant followed up with saying that any desire is immoral because it is necessarily selfish (i.e. a personal value). Even a man who wants to kill himself to feed his children is immoral because it is his desire that he is exercising. The cure, he proposes, is to do what is not your own desire. You can never implement this, so essentially, follow the will of the nation through its spokesman, the dictator. The Nazis differed only in that race was their unit of measurement. It was perfectly moral to follow the dictates of the voice of the race; i.e. the fuhrer.

What we need to do, and no one wants to do and everyone must do for his own individual conscience, is know. We have to know what is right and wrong, and we have to examine our own views with perfect rationality.

I recommend any of you who are interested to read anything by Ayn Rand, including her nonfiction works. The Virtue of Selfishness, and Capitalism; the Unknown Ideal or her novels Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead, Anthem. For more precise information about the philosophical, literary, social, political foundations of Nazism... I recommend The Ominous Parallels: The End of Freedom in America by Leonard Peikoff.

Freedom needs a philosophical defense, and the most comprehensive defense is Objectivism. It does require thought, but if you have something against thinking you might not really believe in freedom.