addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin Salsa Dance Meetup Message Board › please read... Salsa Meetup gaining momentum - 55 members strong!

please read... Salsa Meetup gaining momentum - 55 members strong!

This message board is read-only.

Fawn
legg787
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry this is so long, I just don't want to flood your inbox, so please read this.

FYI - I'm going to keep emails coming into your mailbox very light (very few). You have settings on your personal account to set what type and how much messaging you would like from the group and message board.

Again want thank you so much for joining and to say I'm really looking forward to meeting you (that I haven't yet met).

I've edited details for the first meetup, click the link below my message to see.
Also added more calendar details, as well as a second and third Meetup event. We'll have as many meetups as y'all want!

I'm also writing to request that, if you wouldn't mind:

* Please respond to the polls I created to help shape our future events
(poll about the dance class at Copa 4/18, and how often you want to meet)

* Post a pic if you haven't and a little blurb either saying why you joined or sharing something about yourself.

* Send suggestions of the type of activities you are interested in attending as well.

* We need a few volunteers to meet and greet with me at our first event.

* If you are on Facebook, please join the Austin Salsa Dance Meetup Facebook Group. This will also help grow our community on Meetup (and in the real world) as your friends will see it on your Facebook! (You won't get messages from it - if you do, tell me!)

* Invite your friends!

The idea is to not only get out and have a good time with friends, but to also create an environment new dancers can come and feel a sense of belonging among friends - it can be scary going somewhere new and not knowing anyone, right? Well, you've got us now!

Thanks Austin Dancers!

You can get in touch with me in so many ways, including
* reply to this email
* message me from my profile
* use the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the Meetup.com website: Austin Salsa Dance Meetup Suggestions.

Cheers, and see you very soon!
Fawn

------------------
For meeting details, see the full listing: http://salsa.meetup.c...­

When: Friday, April 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Where: Copa Bar and Grill
217 Congress Ave.
Austin, TX 78701

Cover at Copa: $8 / $5 before 10pm

If you plan to attend and haven't RSVPd, please take a moment to update your RSVP.