The Austin Beer Run Club Message Board › Austin Beer Run Club lowdown

Austin Beer Run Club lowdown

Chris
user 50386572
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hello Beer Runners,

Just a quick message regarding these Wed events, specifically this evening's. We'll be meeting roughly around 6:35pm or so underneath the Doc's sign. Ryan and I will go over the run course for those who haven't done it yet and then we'll be on our way at 6:45pm. I reserved a couple of tabletops just inside the north side of Doc's by the garage doors. Hard to gauge how much space we need, but we'll figure it out this time and plan accordingly moving forward. I'll try to get water pitchers waiting for us at the tables with some glasses. If you're one of the fast ones please order plenty of water for everybody upon return if it's not there already. Also please bring cash to pay for your Modelos/Tecates/Tacos/etc. They frown upon splitting tabs and this makes it easier than handing over a bunch of credit cards.  I believe they have an ATM on site if need be.

What else?  Oh yeah, I've seen a few posts about concerns with us already in the club being avid runners and not being able to keep up.  Let's get this straight: we're avid beer drinkers... way below par on the running part.  There's going to be all sort of paces... Ryan and I will be in the crawl pace.  Nathan is in the cross-country pace. Lots of in betweens. No need to fret.  Walk some, drink a lot of water, don't hurt yourself, don't be in a rush... I'll be doing just that very thing.  Remember the goal: to arrive back at Doc's in good enough shape to enjoy plenty of beers after rehydrating yourself. :)

Look forward to seeing everyone and meeting many of you,
Co-founder,
Chris Bash