Isn't it about time you got your Cajun and Zydeco on? Put on your dancing shoes and bring your appetite.There will be plenty of great food and eight bands playing non-stop and two theatrical shows!
Make sure to bring a chair to sit in during this event. To find the group see the map at the bottom of this post and check my twitter feed on the day of the event at: www.twitter.com/smilingdavidk
The FOOD: 7,000 Pounds of Free Crawfish. This popular Louisiana themed event features the best in Louisiana cuisine prepared by concessionaires from Louisiana and Texas. Enjoy an extensive menu of Cajun seafood, etouffee, jambalaya, red beans and rice, boudain, and gumbo! The highlight of the show is 7,000 pounds of FREE crawfish. If it crawls, swims, hops or slithers out of a swamp, you’ll find it cooked and for sale in the food court!
- MORE STUFF: Shop a wide variety of arts, crafts, jewelry, clothing, candles, sunglasses, and more cool stuff you didn’t know you needed! Vendor booths will be set up to take care of all your shopping needs. For the kids, we have a lot of big inflatable bouncy rides. Adults can test their skills in the crawfish peel-and-eat competition.
- Location: Buda City Park, 204 San Antonio Rd, Buda, TX 78610 - (Garison Rd & San Antonio Rd). Buda is 15 miles south of downtown Austin on IH-35.
- If you want to carpool with others you can post comments to figure out rides. I'm planning on heading from north Austin about 3:30 and will stay at the festival until about 10:00. I'll let you know closer to the event if I have extra space in my car.
- Price: $20 at the gate includes FREE Crawfish (Other food/drink available to purchase inside). You can also buy your tickets in advance if you like (see the link below).
Kids age 8 & under free with an adult OK to "Come and Go" without buying another ticket!
FREE parking next to the event. Overflow parking behind Cabela's.
- NOTE: Band schedules sometimes change. For up to date info visit http://www.roadwayevents.com/RoadStar/Events-cat.asp?media1Id=1521
- Music and Entertainment Schedule
11:00am to Noon Scales, Tails, & Teeth Jimmy Riffle's Gator Boys
Noon to 1:00pm Dr. Zog
1:20 to 2:20pm Andre Thierry & Zydeco Magic
2:40pm to 3:40pm Jamie Bergeron & the Kickin' Cajuns
3:40 to 4:30 Scales, Tails, & Teeth Jimmy Riffle's Gator Boys
4:30 to 5:30 Keith Frank & The Soileau Zydeco Band
5:50 to 6:50pm The Dirty Dozen Brass Band
6:50 to 7:40pm Scales, Tails, & Teeth Jimmy Riffle's Gator Boys
7:40pm to 8:40pm Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas
9:00 to 10pm Papa Mali
- Listen to some music samples
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Nathan Williams and the Zydeco Cha Chas
- Papa Mali
- It is a good idea to bring a chair for this event.
- Here is a map with an approximate location for our "home base" (look for the big yellow arrow and red X).