This group is for Women who had their FIRST child at or after thirty! We won't be super picky on babies actual birth date, if baby was born in 2012 or is impending please still feel free to join. If you're laid back, want to just get out, would like to have a conversation about something besides your kiddo, or need to get baby drama off your chest and vent... join in! No judge-y mamas please!
We will hope to have a variety of activities including; brunch, parks, museums, stroller walks, swimming, in-home play dates, ladies night out, family picnics and more! If you work or stay home feel free to join, though please understand that I am a mostly stay at home mom and only work about 10-15 hours a week, thus the activities I host will mostly be during the day. You are welcome to join in and start hosting events that work with your schedule, baby, and family. The hope is to eventually have several organizers.
I live in South Austin and the events I host will mostly likely be South, Central or South West. If you'd like to host something closer to you, please do! Rules:
- No judge-y mamas
- Please be in your 30's (or within a couple of years either side of 30)
- Please have a child that was born or will be born in 2013 or 2014 (2012 and impending babies welcome).
- If you plan to host, great! If you cancel your events last minute (within 24 hours) frequently that problem will be addressed.
- If you can't show up last minute (within 24 hours of the meetup) please UPDATE your status. We all have babies, they can be finicky, get sick, or be cranky. Hell, so can we! But if you continually fail to update your status you may get the boot! It takes two seconds, there are apps for your phone to make it quick and easy, and it is considerate of your fellow mommies.
- Events will be mostly baby included, and is to be considered the norm unless noted. There will also be mommy only and whole family events, please take time to completely read the event info. And if hosting please make these details clear.
All in all lets try to have a laid back group, though I'm a firm believer that laid back doesn't mean rude or inconsiderate of someone else's time.
P.S. Yes it cost money to have a group. However meetup has recently started charging more to use their services. Due to that, I have started asking for people to chip in. There are no dues and you are not obligated. But if you enjoy our group it would be much appreciated.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers