The Backpacking, Canyoneering and Hiking Club is all about having fun in the outdoors! We have fun by working together, respecting the hike leader and their decisions, coming prepared, and being physically fit. Your positive attitude and outlook are the ingredients that most contribute to a great trip!
Your responsibilities as a hike participant include:
1. Know your limits and be sure you're capable of doing the hike. Don't put the group in a difficult or dangerous situation.
2. Pay any required fees to the hike leader and voluntarily pay your share of carpooling costs & offer to pay for the driver's meals on overnight trips.
3. Ask any questions and share concerns directly with the hike leader.
4. Come prepared and on time. Prepared includes gear, fitness, and attitude.
5. Independently research the route and bring your own map and compass (or GPS).
6. Demonstrate appropriate behavior at all times. Be respectful of others.
7. Practice the leave no trace philosophy. Obey all laws, regulations, and permit restrictions.
8. Stay with the group or wait at all trail junctions or sketchy spots.
9. Respect the authority and abide by the decisions of the hike leader. They are the boss.
10. Hike the hike. Don’t ask for special accommodations or changes to the hike as planned. If you can't do that, plan and take your own trip.
11. Help out! Collect firewood, pump water for others, lend a hand, help slower hikers, volunteer to carpool, etc.
12. Dogs and kids are allowed only with hike leader permission.
13. Let the hike leader know you appreciate their efforts. Say thank you.
14. Don’t use the Club or a conversation during a hike to communicate commercial, political, or religious messages.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Hiker Responsibilities||December 3, 2014 10:47 PM||Jason B. (.|
|Honor Your RSVP||December 3, 2014 10:39 PM||Jason B. (.|
|Leave No Trace Principles||December 3, 2014 10:43 PM||Jason B. (.|
|Liability Disclaimer||September 26, 2011 9:10 PM||former member|
|About BCH||October 22, 2011 12:17 PM||former member|