Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:11 PM
Hey Gender Outlaws!
I was recently informed of this fantastic opportunity for trans, genderqueer and intersex filmmakers to submit their films to be part of the very first Annual Trans/Giving Film Screening. The deadline for submissions is June 15th. See details below! :)
(The following description was provided to me by the organizers of this fabulous Trans/Giving event)
Call for Film Submissions By Trans, Genderqueer, and Intersex filmmakers!
Postmark Deadline: June 15, 2009
SAVE THE DATE!
Trans/Giving?s First Annual Film Festival
Renberg Theater, LA Gay and Lesbian Center
August 8th, 2009
Trans/Giving, invites all trans*, genderqueer, and intersex filmmakers to submit your short films our First Annual Trans/Giving Film Screening, to be held at the Renberg Theater, at the LA Gay and Lesbian Center in Los Angeles, August 8th, 2009.
Whether you?re dealing with gender-specific issues or not, we will be screen many diverse works made by trans, genderqueer, and/or intersex artists, including comedy, dramedy, drama, experimental, animation, and more!
* we mean trans as in transgender, crossdressers, drag kings and queens, studs, and those who identify as contributing members of gender fabulousness. *
1. Films MUST be made by a trans*, genderqueer, and/or intersex filmmaker.
2. Film must be under 15 minutes.
3. Complete the Festival Entry Form below.
4. Submit a VHS (NTSC) or DVD (Region 1) preview copy of your film/video. These items will be archived and will not be returned.
5. Include a CD of Stills (300 dpi, high resolution) if possible
DEADLINE: postmarked by Friday, June 15, 2009
Mail items to:
Trans/Giving Film Screening
c/o Kalil Cohen
818 Superba Ave
Venice, CA 90291
Contact us at [address removed] with any questions.
FESTIVAL ENTRY FORM
Please attach this form with the preview copy of your film, along with a CD of Stills, Press Kit or any other promotional materials.
Full Mailing Address:
1. Title of Film and Total Running Time
2. Synopsis of Film (one sentence)
3. Filmmaker Biography (one sentence)
Who are we?
Trans/Giving is a unique, award-winning series that showcases the immense talent of transgender, genderqueer, and intersex artists in Los Angeles and from around the world. Trans/Giving functions as both a showcase for experienced artists as well as a space to explore for those who are new to performing. We are a space where people from many different communities and backgrounds can connect and share their talents. While some of our past artists have addressed gender issues directly, this is by no means a requirement -- we are interested in sharing the best work of all members of our communities, whatever the theme. Trans/Giving believes that the strongest statement we can make as artists is simply through our art.
Please check us out online at www.transgiving.com