BOSTON SNOW DOGS
Boston Snow Dogs is a group of dog lovers focused on the care and nurturing of northern breed dogs in urban environments. Members share information and ideas, support Siberian owners and partner with local rescues. The group holds regular meet-ups throughout New England to hike, mush or just gather with good friends.
BSD members are friendly, fun, practical & informal. We hold meet-ups often – weather depending - and we vary locations where members suggest we explore. So whomever can come, whichever day of the week, whichever meet-up works for you! You and your pup(s) will get quality playtime with fellow dogs and their owners. Please visit our YouTube channel to experience the fun of our meet-ups: http://www.youtube.com/BOSTONSNOWDOGS/.
We have been enjoying urban mushing, hiking, camping and more with our beautiful dogs for more than 7 years. We hope you’ll join us to share our love for dogs and serve as responsible dog-owner role models in our communities.
Some FAQs about BSD:
1) Does my dog have to be a Siberian Husky? No – we welcome all breeds, although most of our members own northern breeds and our activities focus on this type of dog.
2) Do I have to own a dog to join BSD? Yes – we require all members to have a dog as this allows everyone to participate.
3) Do I have to live in New England to join? Yes – we require all members to live in the general New England area, again to allow everyone to participate in the group. We are all about the participation of our members!
4) Can children join? You must be 18 or older to join, but members are welcome to bring children to meet-ups. We are a very family-oriented group!
5) Is there a membership fee? Yes, our dues are $24 per year. Dues are used for our yearly website fees, liability insurance, state club filing fees, donations to help other husky organizations (like MUSH, Patriot's and the MSPCA) and to buy merchandise to sell at events at discounted rates (BSD shirts, stickers, etc.). Truly a great value considering the joy, camaraderie, events, learning and community service we all enjoy and share together with our pups!
6) Do I have to know how to mush to join BSD? No – we have many experienced mushers in our group and many beginners as well. We also have members who choose to hike or walk with their dogs rather than mush. We have extra harnesses and gear to share with new members at meet-ups and would love to help you learn!
7) Do you rescue dogs? No – we are a recreational group. But we work with many local rescues and support them with events, donations and sharing of information on available dogs.
8) Does my dog have to be friendly? Yes – you are responsible for your own dog and your pup must be socialized enough to engage in activities with other dogs and people. BSD does not accept any liability for accidents/injuries in connection with our activities. If you become injured during an activity you assume all responsibility and liability. If your dog injures a person or another dog during an activity you assume all responsibility and liability.
9) What does BSD’s liability insurance cover? Our liability insurance covers the GENERAL PUBLIC in the event that someone is injured at one of our meet-ups. It does not cover member injuries or dog injuries of any kind. You must be a BSD member in good standing with all membership dues current in order to be covered under our liability insurance.
Please click the “Join Us” button at the top right-hand side of this page if you would like to apply for membership!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers